Visbiome Vet High Potency Probiotic for Dogs and Cats
VetRxDirect recommends Next Business Day Shipping to an address with a controlled environment where a person can take immediate possession of the package and refrigerate if you live in an area experiencing ambient outdoor temperatures above 77° F.
Visbiome is a high potency probiotic formula designed for dogs and cats. Made with 8 concentrated strains of live bacteria, each dose of Visbiome contains 112.5 billion bacteria to help establish and maintain the balance of natural flora in the gastrointestinal tract. Probiotics help promote overall gut health, support the protective layers of the bowel, and aid with digestion. Visbiome may reduce loose stools caused by stress or diet changes and help manage dogs and cats with inflammatory bowel disease. Visbiome Vet is a Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Halal certified, and Kosher formula.
- Helps maintain proper gut flora
- 112.5 Billion live bacteria per dose
- 8 Strain proprietary probiotic blend
- Refrigerated storage
- Temperature monitoring shipping (Product will not ship Thursday through Sunday if delivery cannot be made within one to two consecutive days.)
- We're unable to ship Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Dogs 40 Capsules to Alaska or Hawaii.
Visbiome Vet Ingredients:
- Active Ingredients Per Capsule (0.475 gm) – De Simone FormulationTM proprietary blend - Lactobacillus acidophilus DSM24735™, lactobacillus plantarum DSM24730™, lactobacillus paracasei DSM24733™, lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus* DSM24734™, streptococcus thermophilus DSM24731™, bifidobacterium longum± DSM24736™, bifidobacterium breve DSM24732™, bifidobacterium infantis± DSM24737™
- Live probiotic bacteria – 112.5 billion colony forming units per capsule.
- Capsule Inactive Ingredients - microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, and vegetable capsule (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose).
- Visbiome Vet Contains milk. Visbiome Vet may contain trace amounts of lactose (less than 0.1 g per 100 g) and dehydrated skim milk or milk protein (casein and beta-lacto globulin of less than 2 mg/kg).
Visbiome Vet Dosing Guidelines:
Use as recommended by your veterinarian. Administer capsules by mouth. Capsules may be opened and powder given by mouth. Visbiome Vet should be administered during or after the animal has eaten to reduce incidence of gastrointestinal upset.
|Weight of Pet||# of Capsules|
|Less than 20 lbs. ||1-2 Daily|
|20-60 lbs. ||2-3 Daily|
|Larger than 60 lbs. ||4 Daily|
Visbiome Unflavored Packets For Dogs:
Visbiome Unflavored is a human product available for large dogs. Each sachet contains 450 billion live probiotic bacteria, equivalent to 4 capsules of Visbiome Vet. This product may be recommended for larger dogs over 60 lbs or animals requiring higher doses of Visbiome Vet. It is also ideal for dogs taking Visbiome for prolonged periods of time and may offer a cost-effective option. Visbiome Unflavored should be used under the supervision of a veterinarian. Available in a 30ct box.
Visbiome Vet Capsules for Dogs and Cats
- Visbiome is a high potency probiotic formula designed for dogs and cats. Probiotics can help maintain the balance of natural bacteria in the digestive tract.
- Made with 8 concentrated strains of live bacteria, each dose of Visbiome contains 112.5 billion bacteria to help establish and maintain the balance of natural flora in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Probiotics help promote overall gut health, support the protective layers of the bowel, and aid with digestion.
- Visbiome may reduce loose stools caused by stress or diet changes and help manage dogs with inflammatory bowel disease.
- Visbiome Vet is a Non-GMO and Gluten Free formula.
Reasons for using Visbiome:
- Can be used to help support the protective layers of the bowel
- To support gut health
What dogs and cats should NOT use this product?
- This product has not been studied in pregnant pets or pets intended for breeding.
- Use in these pets is not restricted, but should be carefully monitored
- Pets taking certain antibiotics should not use this product. This could inactivate the probiotic.
How to use Visbiome:
- Administer capsules by mouth
- Give with food or directly after meals
- Dosage for dogs and cats less than 20 lbs is 1-2 capsules daily
- Dosage for dogs 20-60 lbs is 2 capsules daily
- Dosage for dogs 61+ lbs is 4 capsules daily
What to tell/ask your veterinarian prior to starting:
Talk to your vet about:
- The risks and benefits of using this drug
- When your pet will be rechecked
Tell your vet about:
- All medications and supplements you are giving or are planning to give your pet
- If your pet has any allergies or other medical conditions
- If your pet has experienced side effects while taking other drugs/ supplements
- If your pet is pregnant or you are planning to breed your pet
Storage and Other Information:
- Keep refrigerated
- Do not freeze
- Can be stored at room temperature for 1 week before potency is affected
- Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures may inactivate some of the bacterial strains
- Safe use of Visbiome has not been proven in pregnant or breeding animals
- This product will ship with a sensor to ensure proper storage conditions throughout the shipping process. Refer to the picture for how to interpret the shipping sensor.
Potential side effects:
- May cause stomach upset when given. Giving with food may help to reduce these symptoms.
- Your pet may experience bloating during the first few days after starting Visbiome as your pet’s intestinal microflora change. You may need to reduce your dog’s daily consumption in order to fully adjust. Please consult with your pet’s veterinarian if your pet experiences bloating.
What else should you know about Visbiome?
- As with all medication/supplements, it should only be given to the animal for which it was recommended.
- This is just a summary of information about Visbiome. If you have any questions or concerns about Visbiome or the condition for which it was recommended, contact your veterinarian.