Elura (capromorelin oral solution) for Cats Rx
Starting At $41.74
Elura (capromorelin oral solution) for Cats Rx
In StockFree shipping when you buy 2 or with a $59 order
Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT with veterinary approval.
Requires veterinary authorization.
Your pet's veterinarian will provide directions for use.
What is Elura (capromorelin oral solution) for Cats?
- Elura is a prescription medication used for the management of weight loss in cats with chronic kidney disease.
- Elura contains capromorelin, an appetite stimulant, that works by stimulating certain areas of the brain responsible for a cat’s appetite and hunger.
Why is Elura used for cats?
- Elura is used to help increase the feeling of hunger and encourage cats to eat.
- Elura is used to help cats gain weight with chronic kidney disease.
What else should I know about Elura?
- Elura mimics the action of a naturally-occurring hormone called ghrelin. Ghrelin influences many systems in the body and ELURA may also affect these systems.
- Elura (capromorelin oral solution) is a colorless to yellow or orange, clear liquid.
- Store at or below 86°F (30°C).
What problems could my cat have with Elura?
- Owners should monitor for changes in: thirst or water intake; lethargy or weakness; digestive issues (vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, decreased appetite); or behaviors.
- Elura should not be used in cats that have a hypersensitivity to capromorelin.
- Do not use in cats with hypersomatotropism (acromegaly).
- Use with caution in cats that may have cardiac disease or severe dehydration.
- The safe use of Elura has not been evaluated in cats younger than 5 months old.
How do I use Elura?
- Give as directed by your veterinarian.
- Rinse the syringe and plunger with water and leave apart to dry.
- If the cat is routinely fed meals, offer food 30 minutes after administering the dose.
- If the cat vomits within 15 minutes or only receives a partial dose, then the dose may be re-administered.
What is in Elura?
- The active ingredient in this medication is capromorelin.
- Capromorelin is a a ghrelin-receptor agonist that stimulates growth hormone (GH) release.
- Capromorelin is an appetite stimulant that increases hunger and encourages cats to eat.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Elura is a brand name. You will receive the exact product you request.
3 total reviews
Rated 4.67 out of 5 stars
100% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
2 5 star reviews
1 4 star reviews
0 3 star reviews
0 2 star reviews
0 1 star reviews
She eats again!From UndisclosedComments about Elura (capromorelin oral solution) for Cats 20mg/mL, 15mLI am so glad my vet prescribed Elura for my 15 year old cat Beanie. She had no appetite and was losing weight. Now she is back to a healthy weight!
It seems to workFrom Long Beach, CaComments about Elura (capromorelin oral solution) for CatsIt does seem to increase his appetite.
Works!From Hutchinson, mnComments about Elura (capromorelin oral solution) for CatsMy cat hasn't been eating for many months. This stuff works fast! She has eaten more in a couple hours than she has daily for three months! Scary there isn't more information on it, that's why 4 stars. She is 17 and otherwise healthy.
Displaying Reviews 1 - 3
Q & A
Does Eulora have any form of alcohol as an inactive ingredient? Is there any studies for administration with metronidazole??
The package insert lists the inactive ingredients as methylparaben sodium, propylparaben sodium, sodium chloride, citric acid monohydrate, sucralose, vanillin, povidone K90, glycerin, maltitol, ammonium glycyrrhizate, and water. Maltitol is a sugar alcohol commonly used as a sugar substitute. There is currently no data regarding the use of Elura with metronidazole. Please contact your veterinarian to determine if this would be an appropriate medication choice for your cat.Verified Answer
Is it normal for a cat to resist taking Alura and then start drooling immediately after ingesting a dose??
According to Plumb’s Veterinary Drug Handbook, Elura, capromorelin, is typically well tolerated in cats. Side effects that usually are not serious may include drooling, vomiting, or hiding behavior. According to the manufacturer’s field study, hypersalivation or drooling was generally associated with administering the medication and resolved within a few minutes. Please consult your veterinarian with any further questions or concerns regarding this medication and your cat.Verified Answer
Does Elura need to be refrigerated? Is it flavored so I can add it to her food? I cannot give a liquid orally. Is their another option??
Elura should be stored at or below 86°F (30°C) and it does not require refrigeration. Elura is a flavored suspension that is administered orally. According to the manufacturer, cats that are routinely fed meals should be offered food 30 minutes after administering the dose. Please consult with your veterinarian with any further questions or concerns regarding the use of this medication for your cat.Verified Answer
How fast does elura work in cats?
According to Plumb’s Veterinary Drug Handbook, Elura for Cats should start having effects within 30 to 60 minutes. Your cat should begin feeling better within 1 to 2 days. The effects of this medication are short in duration, meaning they may last for a few hours, although the benefits may be prolonged if your cat has decreased liver function. Please consult with your veterinarian if you have any other questions or concerns regarding this medication and your cat.Verified Answer
Is there anything similar to this for dogs??
Entyce (capromorelin) Oral Solution is a comparable product that contains the same active ingredient and is labeled for dogs. https://www.vetrxdirect.com/product/view/entyce-capromorelin-oral-solution-for-dogs-rxVerified Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 5