- If you order on a Thursday or Friday, your order may not ship until the following Monday. This is regardless of the shipping you choose. Carriers will NOT deliver most orders on Saturday or Sunday.
- Please choose next-day shipping if you are ordering on a Thursday and need the order before the following Wednesday.
- Our shipping cutoff is 3:00 PM Central time. Unfortunately, our carriers do not pick up on weekends.
What is Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Dogs and Cats?
- Visbiome is a high potency probiotic formula designed for dogs and cats.
- Made with eight concentrated strains of live bacteria, Visbiome helps establish and maintain the balance of natural flora in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Visbiome Vet Constipation Care for cats is a high potency probiotic that relieves occasional constipation in cats and supports natural regularity, proper digestion, and bowel health.
Why is Visbiome used for cats and dogs?
- Visbiome helps maintain proper gut flora with 8 strains of probiotics in a proprietary blend.
- Visbiome can be used to help support the protective layers of the bowel.
- Visbiome may reduce loose stools caused by stress or diet changes and may help manage dogs and cats with inflammatory bowel disease.
- Visbiome Vet Constipation Care for cats may support normal inflammatory responses in the GI tract, aid in reducing occasional loose stools due to environmental stress or dietary changes, and help maintain normal kidney function for cats.
What should I know about Visbiome shipping and storage?
- VetRxDirect recommends Next Business Day Shipping to an address with a controlled environment where a person can take immediate possession of the package and refrigerate if you live in an area experiencing ambient outdoor temperatures above 77° F.
- Visbiome can be stored at room temperature for up to a week without losing potency, but should be regularly stored in the refrigerator.
- Prolonged exposure to high temperatures over 86 degrees F may inactivate some of the bacterial strains.
- Visbiome must ship with ice packs, and two-day or next-day shipping is required.
- Visbiome is not eligible for free shipping.
- Orders may not ship Thursday through Sunday if delivery cannot be made within one to two consecutive days.
- We cannot ship Visbiome to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico.
- Due to the special packaging for shipment, there is a limit of 240 capsules (6 bottles), 3 boxes of unflavored packets, or 2 boxes of Vet packets per order.
- Because this product is shipped with ice bricks, it is not eligible for return.
- Visbiome is shipped with a sensor to ensure proper storage conditions throughout the shipping process. These sensors are purchased from the Visbiome manufacturer.
What else should I know about Visbiome?
- One Visbiome high-potency packet is equal to two capsules. One unflavored packet is equal to four capsules.
- Visbiome packets may be recommended for larger dogs over 60 lbs or animals requiring higher doses of Visbiome. Packets are also ideal for dogs taking Visbiome for prolonged periods of time and may offer a cost-effective option.
- Visbiome Vet Constipation Care for cats contains the slab51® formulation, a blend of eight active probiotic strains.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Visbiome?
- Safe use of Visbiome has not been proven in pregnant or breeding animals.
- Some strains of bacterium in Visbiome Vet may be inactivated by certain antibiotics. Do not administer Visbiome Vet within four (4) hours after taking antibiotics.
- Visbiome may cause stomach upset. Giving with food may help reduce these symptoms.
- Your pet may experience bloating during the first few days after starting Visbiome as your pet's intestinal microflora change. You may need to reduce your dog's daily consumption in order to fully adjust.
- Please consult with your pet's veterinarian if your pet experiences bloating or side effects.
How do you use Visbiome?
- Give as directed by your veterinarian.
- One high potency vet packet is equal to two capsules.
- Administer capsules by mouth. Capsules may be opened and powder given by mouth or mixed with food.
- Visbiome powder packets can be given directly by mouth or sprinkled on cold or room-temperature food. Do not microwave the product.
- For picky eaters (especially cats), you can try mixing the powder with paste treats.
- If Visbiome powder packets are mixed in water, it must be consumed within 24 hours, or use the syringe method.
- It is recommended that Visbiome be given with food or directly after meals to reduce gastrointestinal upset.
Visbiome Vet High Potency Capsules
- Manufacturer directions: Dogs and cats weighing under 20 lbs, 1 to 2 capsules daily. Dogs 20-60 lbs, 2 to 3 capsules daily. Dogs larger than 60 lbs, 4 capsules.
Visbiome Vet High Potency Packets
- Manufacturer directions: Dogs and cats weighing under 20 lbs, up to 1 packet daily. Dogs 20-60 lbs, 1 to 2 packets daily. Dogs larger than 60 lbs, 2 packets daily.
Visbiome Vet Constipation Care Packets
- Manufacturer directions: Cats weighing under 10 lbs, 1 packet daily. Cats 10-20 lbs, 1-2 packets daily. Cats over 20 lbs, 2-4 packets daily.
What is in Visbiome?
- Visbiome ingredients are non-GMO, gluten-free, cornstarch-free Halal certified, and Kosher.
- Visbiome capsules and powder packets contain milk. Some milk components are used as a fermentation nutrient. Trace amounts of milk protein may be present in the finished product. Visbiome Vet Constipation Care does not contain milk.
- Visbiome Vet is Lactose-Free: Lactose was not detectable in amounts greater than 50 parts per million (PPM).
Visbiome Vet High Potency Capsules
- Active ingredients: 112.5 billion live bacteria per capsule. De Simone Formulation proprietary blend - Lactobacillus acidophilus DSM24735™/SD5212, Lactobacillus plantarum SD5209 DSM24730™, Lactobacillus paracasei DSM24733™/SD5218, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus DSM24734™/SD5210, Streptococcus thermophilus DSM24731™/SD5207, Bifidobacterium longum± DSM24736™/SD5220, Bifidobacterium breve DSM24732™/SD5206, Bifidobacterium infantis± DSM24737™/SD5219.
- Inactive ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose (derived from plant fiber), vegetable capsule (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose).
Visbiome Vet High Potency Packets
- Active ingredients: 225 billion live bacteria per 1.4 g packet. Lactobacillus acidophilus DSM24735™/SD5212, Lactobacillus plantarum SD5209 DSM24730™, Lactobacillus paracaseiDSM24733™/SD5218, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus* DSM24734™/SD5210, Streptococcus thermophilus DSM24731™/SD5207, Bifidobacterium longum± DSM24736™/SD5220, Bifidobacterium breve DSM24732™/SD5206, Bifidobacterium infantis± DSM24737™/SD5219.
- Inactive ingredients: Inulin (chicory root fiber).
Visbiome Vet Constipation Care
- Active Ingredients: 100 billion live bacteria per packet. S. thermophilus DSM32245, L. acidophilus DSM32241, L. plantarum DSM32244, L. paracasei DSM32243, L. helveticus DSM32242, L. brevis DSM27961, B. lactis DSM32246, B. lactis DSM32247.
- Inactive Ingredients: Maltose, Silicon dioxide.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Visbiome is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Visbiome?
- Dogs and cats may use Visbiome for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Who makes Visbiome?
- Visbiome is made by the manufacturer ExeGi Pharma.
Most Liked Positive Review
Takes time, will order again
Most Liked Negative Review
This medication did not help my pet
Visbiome Isn't Just for Dogs and CatsFrom UndisclosedComments about Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Pets 40 Capsules
Great productFrom UndisclosedComments about Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Pets 40 Capsules
Calmed my dogs stomachFrom UndisclosedComments about Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Pets 225 Billion CFU, 30 Packets
Amazing resultsFrom Atlanta GAComments about Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Pets
Only probiotic that worksFrom UndisclosedComments about Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Pets 40 Capsules
Sorry was not effectiveFrom UndisclosedComments about Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Pets 40 Capsules
Will be on this for the rest of her life.From Salem MAComments about Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Pets
Visbiome for cats helps my cat.From UndisclosedComments about Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Pets 40 Capsules
Helped my IBD kittyFrom UndisclosedComments about Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Pets 80 Capsules (2X40ct)
For healthy gut balanceFrom UndisclosedComments about Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Pets 40 Capsules
Q & A
Hello, I just purchased Visbiome because I heard it's great for cats with diarrhea. Right now, I give my kitten a small amount of Jarrow Saccharomyces Boulardii 1/8 spoon in the morning and one Nexabiotic capsule at night, which seems to work well. But my kitten is going to be spayed soon, and the vet will prescribe antibiotics afterward. Antibiotics usually upset my kitten's stomach. I've noticed that giving him more probiotics helps, but sometimes it's still not enough when he's on antibiotics. So, I'm wondering if I should add Visbiome to his routine alongside the others. I thought about giving Visbiome in the morning and the other probiotics (Saccharomyces Boulardii or Nexabiotic) at night. Is it okay to give two different probiotics at different times, especially when he's on antibiotics? Please let me know. Thank you.?
Is this safe to administer to diabetic dogs??
Can I use these to make a dog appropriate yogurt??
My dog weighs 13 pounds. It says the unflavored packets are more potent than the capsules or high potency but the box says to give up to one packet. Should I only be giving him half??
Visbiome Vet Powder Packets contain 225 Billion live bacteria per packet, and the manufacturer suggests giving up to 1 packet daily for dogs weighing under 20lbs, or as directed by a veterinarian. The Visbiome capsules contain 112.5 billion bacteria, and the manufacturer suggests giving 1-2 capsules daily for dogs under 20lbs or as directed. Please consult your veterinarian with any further questions or concerns regarding the use of this product for your dog.Verified Answer
You can't really overfeed probioticsCommunity Answer
I just received this product. She was on a different probiotic with occasional success. Do I just start this one right away and stop the other one??
Is Visbiome Constipation Care safe to give to dogs??
I am a new client purchasing for my pup. How long is the Live bacteria active per bottle if kept in fridge. I plan to purchase two at a time.?
According to the manufacturers, if Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Pets is stored under refrigeration, the product is guaranteed viable through the “best if used by” date on the package. For any additional questions please contact us via email at [email protected] or speak with your veterinarian.Verified Answer
Do you need to give with food? [email protected]?
Yes, Visbiome Vet suggests giving the high potency probiotic with food or directly after the pet eats in order to reduce an upset stomach.Verified Answer
Are these ok to give a dog that is only 8 pounds??
Yes, Visbiome Vet Probiotic can be used in pets under 20lbs. The recommended dosing for a dog weighing <20lbs is 1-2 capsules daily or up to 1 packet daily with food, depending on the product purchased. Per the manufacturer, the capsules can be opened and ½ of the powder used for the first few days to determine how your dog tolerates it; the capsule can then be closed and returned to the bottle for future use. It is recommended that you contact your veterinarian to discuss the use of this product for your dog.Verified Answer
I see that a puppy should wait until 6 months of age to start visbiome. How much should a 6 month old puppy weighing 7 lbs get of visbiome daily??
Per the manufacturer, dosing after a puppy is 6 months of age or older is based on its weight. Animals with a weight <20lbs should take 1-2 capsules daily. Animals weighing 40-60lbs take 2-3 capsules and those weighing over 60lbs should take 4 capsules daily. It is recommended to contact your veterinarian to discuss appropriate dosing for your dog.Verified Answer