- If you order on a Thursday or Friday, your order may not ship until the following Monday. This is regardless of the shipping you choose. Carriers will NOT deliver most orders on Saturday or Sunday.
- Please choose next-day shipping if you are ordering on a Thursday and need the order before the following Wednesday.
- Our shipping cutoff is 3:00 PM Central time. Unfortunately, our carriers do not pick up on weekends.
What is Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Dogs and Cats?
- Visbiome is a high potency probiotic formula designed for dogs and cats.
- Made with eight concentrated strains of live bacteria, Visbiome helps establish and maintain the balance of natural flora in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Visbiome Vet Constipation Care for cats is a high potency probiotic that relieves occasional constipation in cats and supports natural regularity, proper digestion, and bowel health.
Why is Visbiome used for cats and dogs?
- Visbiome helps maintain proper gut flora with 8 strains of probiotics in a proprietary blend.
- Visbiome can be used to help support the protective layers of the bowel.
- Visbiome may reduce loose stools caused by stress or diet changes and may help manage dogs and cats with inflammatory bowel disease.
- Visbiome Vet Constipation Care for cats may support normal inflammatory responses in the GI tract, aid in reducing occasional loose stools due to environmental stress or dietary changes, and help maintain normal kidney function for cats.
What should I know about Visbiome shipping and storage?
- VetRxDirect recommends Next Business Day Shipping to an address with a controlled environment where a person can take immediate possession of the package and refrigerate if you live in an area experiencing ambient outdoor temperatures above 77° F.
- Visbiome can be stored at room temperature for up to a week without losing potency, but should be regularly stored in the refrigerator.
- Prolonged exposure to high temperatures over 86 degrees F may inactivate some of the bacterial strains.
- Visbiome must ship with ice packs, and two-day or next-day shipping is required.
- Visbiome is not eligible for free shipping.
- Orders may not ship Thursday through Sunday if delivery cannot be made within one to two consecutive days.
- We cannot ship Visbiome to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico.
- Due to the special packaging for shipment, there is a limit of 240 capsules (6 bottles), 3 boxes of unflavored packets, or 2 boxes of Vet packets per order.
- Because this product is shipped with ice bricks, it is not eligible for return.
- Visbiome is shipped with a sensor to ensure proper storage conditions throughout the shipping process. These sensors are purchased from the Visbiome manufacturer.
What else should I know about Visbiome?
- One Visbiome high-potency packet is equal to two capsules. One unflavored packet is equal to four capsules.
- Visbiome packets may be recommended for larger dogs over 60 lbs or animals requiring higher doses of Visbiome. Packets are also ideal for dogs taking Visbiome for prolonged periods of time and may offer a cost-effective option.
- Visbiome Vet Constipation Care for cats contains the slab51® formulation, a blend of eight active probiotic strains.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Visbiome?
- Safe use of Visbiome has not been proven in pregnant or breeding animals.
- Some strains of bacterium in Visbiome Vet may be inactivated by certain antibiotics. Do not administer Visbiome Vet within four (4) hours after taking antibiotics.
- Visbiome may cause stomach upset. Giving with food may help reduce these symptoms.
- Your pet may experience bloating during the first few days after starting Visbiome as your pet's intestinal microflora change. You may need to reduce your dog's daily consumption in order to fully adjust.
- Please consult with your pet's veterinarian if your pet experiences bloating or side effects.
How do you use Visbiome?
- Give as directed by your veterinarian.
- One high potency vet packet is equal to two capsules.
- Administer capsules by mouth. Capsules may be opened and powder given by mouth or mixed with food.
- Visbiome powder packets can be given directly by mouth or sprinkled on cold or room-temperature food. Do not microwave the product.
- For picky eaters (especially cats), you can try mixing the powder with paste treats.
- If Visbiome powder packets are mixed in water, it must be consumed within 24 hours, or use the syringe method.
- It is recommended that Visbiome be given with food or directly after meals to reduce gastrointestinal upset.
Visbiome Vet High Potency Capsules
- Manufacturer directions: Dogs and cats weighing under 20 lbs, 1 to 2 capsules daily. Dogs 20-60 lbs, 2 to 3 capsules daily. Dogs larger than 60 lbs, 4 capsules.
Visbiome Vet High Potency Packets
- Manufacturer directions: Dogs and cats weighing under 20 lbs, up to 1 packet daily. Dogs 20-60 lbs, 1 to 2 packets daily. Dogs larger than 60 lbs, 2 packets daily.
Visbiome Vet Constipation Care Packets
- Manufacturer directions: Cats weighing under 10 lbs, 1 packet daily. Cats 10-20 lbs, 1-2 packets daily. Cats over 20 lbs, 2-4 packets daily.
What is in Visbiome?
- Visbiome ingredients are non-GMO, gluten-free, cornstarch-free Halal certified, and Kosher.
- Visbiome capsules and powder packets contain milk. Some milk components are used as a fermentation nutrient. Trace amounts of milk protein may be present in the finished product. Visbiome Vet Constipation Care does not contain milk.
- Visbiome Vet is Lactose-Free: Lactose was not detectable in amounts greater than 50 parts per million (PPM).
Visbiome Vet High Potency Capsules
- Active ingredients: 112.5 billion live bacteria per capsule. De Simone Formulation proprietary blend - Lactobacillus acidophilus DSM24735™/SD5212, Lactobacillus plantarum SD5209 DSM24730™, Lactobacillus paracasei DSM24733™/SD5218, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus DSM24734™/SD5210, Streptococcus thermophilus DSM24731™/SD5207, Bifidobacterium longum± DSM24736™/SD5220, Bifidobacterium breve DSM24732™/SD5206, Bifidobacterium infantis± DSM24737™/SD5219.
- Inactive ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose (derived from plant fiber), vegetable capsule (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose).
Visbiome Vet High Potency Packets
- Active ingredients: 225 billion live bacteria per 1.4 g packet. Lactobacillus acidophilus DSM24735™/SD5212, Lactobacillus plantarum SD5209 DSM24730™, Lactobacillus paracaseiDSM24733™/SD5218, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus* DSM24734™/SD5210, Streptococcus thermophilus DSM24731™/SD5207, Bifidobacterium longum± DSM24736™/SD5220, Bifidobacterium breve DSM24732™/SD5206, Bifidobacterium infantis± DSM24737™/SD5219.
- Inactive ingredients: Inulin (chicory root fiber).
Visbiome Vet Constipation Care
- Active Ingredients: 100 billion live bacteria per packet. S. thermophilus DSM32245, L. acidophilus DSM32241, L. plantarum DSM32244, L. paracasei DSM32243, L. helveticus DSM32242, L. brevis DSM27961, B. lactis DSM32246, B. lactis DSM32247.
- Inactive Ingredients: Maltose, Silicon dioxide.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Visbiome is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Visbiome?
- Dogs and cats may use Visbiome for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Who makes Visbiome?
- Visbiome is made by the manufacturer ExeGi Pharma.
Most Liked Positive Review
Takes time, will order again
Most Liked Negative Review
This medication did not help my pet
Excellent probiotic for better pet tummyFrom UndisclosedComments about Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Pets 40 Capsules
Wasn't convinced it was doing anything but I was wrongFrom Half Moon Bay, CAComments about Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Pets
Vet RecommendedFrom UndisclosedComments about Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Pets 80 Capsules (2X40ct)
Totally worth it!!From UndisclosedComments about Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Pets 40 Capsules
pancreatic enzymesFrom UndisclosedComments about Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Pets 80 Capsules (2X40ct)
This medication greatly helped my very sick kitty cat.From Charleston, SCComments about Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Pets
The probiotics helped our dogFrom UndisclosedComments about Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Pets 40 Capsules
Visbiome helps my pet.From UndisclosedComments about Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Pets 40 Capsules
Expensive but awesome!From UndisclosedComments about Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Pets 80 Capsules (2X40ct)
This medication works!From UndisclosedComments about Visbiome Vet Probiotic for Pets 80 Capsules (2X40ct)
Q & A
Two questions: my dog has a dairy allergy. Is this visbiome probiotic vegan? Is it ok for people to take the visbiome probiotic??
Visbiome Vet contains milk. They may contain trace amounts of lactose and dehydrated skim milk or milk protein. Visbiome Vet is intended for animal use only. Visbiome is also available in a human labeled product from the manufacturer.Verified Answer
My dog gets a homemade diet that we store in the freezer. I typically add his supplements directly into the food. Can I add visbiome to his food and freeze it without compromising the efficacy of the product??
According to the manufacturer’s website, Visbiome should not be frozen. Visbiome should be stored under refrigeration and can be stored at room temperature for up to one week.Verified Answer
Are there any negative long term affects of using this product??
Visbiome is a high potency probiotic given to help establish and maintain the balance of natural flora in the gastrointestinal tract. Probiotics help promote overall gut health, support the protective layers of the bowel, and aid with digestion. Generally, probiotics may be taken long-term with little to no side effects. Please consult your veterinarian if you notice any significant changes in your dog or cat’s stool.Verified Answer
My dog eats home cooked food; recipe prepared by a university nutritionist vet. Food gets warmed in microwave. Does this heating diminish the effect of Visbiome Vet High Potency??
According to the manufacturer, Visbiome should not be microwaved. High temperatures may diminish the potency of Visbiome. It is recommended to heat your dog’s meal separately before adding Visbiome. Visbiome should be stored in the refrigerator, although it can be left at room temperature for up to one week without adversely affecting potency.Verified Answer
My dog was halfway through a regimen of the visbiome capsules. I had refridgerated them the day the vet sent me home with them. I am dosing him 1 capsule in food per night. I always return bottle to fridge..but I woke up this morning and found that the remaining 7 capsules were in pill bottle on kitchen counter. I failed to return bottle to the fridge. :/ I have put bottle back in fridge. Will the be safe to give him??
Per the manufacturer, Visbiome can be stored at room temperature for up to one week without adversely affecting potency. It is recommended to return Visbiome to the refrigerator as soon as possible.Verified Answer
My cat has ibd and is currently taking 5 mg of prednisolone twice daily. She is also going through a stretch of serious diarrhea. I started her on Visbiome Vet Probiotic 1 cap daily 5 days ago and seems that her diarrhea has gotten worse. I give it to her for dinner w/ her food and her pred within an hour.?
Nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea are possible side effects of prednisolone. Visbiome may also cause an upset stomach, and for these reasons, it is recommended that both medications be given with food. The concern with prolonged and/or worsening diarrhea is dehydration. In your case, it is strongly recommended that you contact your veterinarian, to ensure your cat isn’t losing too many fluids.Verified Answer
I ordered regular visbiome (in the green bottle) can I give that to my dog or do I need to order the one for pets?? I didn't realize they were different products.?
According to the manufacturer’s website, Visbiome Vet contains the same 8-strains proprietary blend of probiotic bacteria as is found in the human Visbiome product (in the green packaging). Both products contain the same amount of probiotic bacteria per capsule. The human Visbiome product is also available in packets containing 450 billion live bacteria per dose, which can also be used for larger dogs/other animals with higher probiotic needs. Please speak to your veterinarian about which product is best for your dog.Verified Answer
If kept refrigerated, how long does the product maintain its potency? I'd like to order to have on hand but may delay starting my dog on the probiotics for a week or two.?
It is recommended that Visbiome be kept refrigerated at all times, however the manufacturer does say that it can be stored at room temperature for up to one week without adversely affecting potency. If it is stored under refrigeration the product is guaranteed through “best if used by” date.Verified Answer
When I purchase visbiome pet, they send a dog treat along with it . Can I purchase those treats on their own??
Yes, Woofables dog treats are available for purchase on our website https://www.vetrxdirect.com/product/view/woofables-gourmet-dog-treats-otcVerified Answer
I've been giving my 10 lb cat 1/2 capsule per day for several years. He's just started on antibiotics (amoxicillin) which usually give him bad diarrhea and stomach upset. Would it help to increase to a full capsule while he's on antibiotics? I know he should have a 4 hr gap between visbiome and antibiotic?
Antibiotics such as amoxicillin are prone to common gastrointestinal side effects such as upset stomach and diarrhea due to the disruption of the intestinal microbiome. It is recommended to give the antibiotic with food to help ease gastrointestinal distress. The manufacturer does not recommend the use of Visbiome while taking antibiotics because certain antibiotics can inactivate the probiotic. However, supplemental probiotics may be recommended during a course of antibiotics to offset the loss of healthy gut bacteria and ease gastrointestinal upset. Please consult with your veterinarian for further questions or concerns regarding this supplement for your dog.Verified Answer