B.N.P. with HC Triple Antibiotic Eye Ointment Rx
What is B.N.P. Triple Antibiotic Ointment with HC for Dogs and Cats?
- Cats and dogs can easily pick up bacteria that cause painful, swelling infections in the cornea, the clear part of the eye, or the conjunctiva, the pink parts around the eyelids.
- B.N.P. Triple Antibiotic Ointment with HC is a prescription medication that treats bacterial eye infections.
- B.N.P. Ointment with HC contains neomycin, polymixin B, and bacitracin.
- The addition of hydrocortisone to B.N.P. Triple Antibiotic Eye Ointment with HC makes this ointment extra effective at reducing swelling due to bacterial eye infections.
Why do cats and dogs use B.N.P. Triple Antibiotic Ointment with HC?
- B.N.P. Triple Antibiotic Eye Ointment with HC gives your dog or cat fast, effective relief from bacterial eye infections that cause swelling and pain.
- Your pet's veterinarian may prescribe this ointment if your pet has conjunctivitis, scleritis, keratitis or other infections of the eye that cause swelling and discomfort.
What else should I know about B.N.P. Triple Antibiotic Ointment with HC?
- Treats eye infections due to a range of bacteria.
- Reduces swelling and pain.
- Contains hydrocortisone to reduce swelling.
- Store at room temperature, away from moisture and sunlight. Do not use if the ointment changes color or becomes cloudy.
What problems could my dog or cat have with B.N.P. Triple Antibiotic Ointment with HC?
- Cats may have a serious allergic reaction to neomycin or polymixin. Contact your veterinarian if you notice any issues after beginning to use the ointment.
How do you use B.N.P. Triple Antibiotic Ointment with HC?
- Clean your pet’s eyes gently to remove debris before applying.
- Follow application directions carefully to avoid contamination of the ointment. Keep the cap on when not in use.
- Wait 5 minutes after applying the B.N.P. Ointment with HC before applying any other eye medication.
What is in B.N.P. Triple Antibiotic Ointment with HC?
- B.N.P. Triple Antibiotic Ointment with HC contains three drugs that kill bacteria. The B is for Bacitracin zinc. The N is for Neomycin. The P is for Polymixin-B.
- HC, or hydrocortisone, is a very effective corticosteroid which helps reduce inflammation and swelling.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- B.N.P. Triple Antibiotic Ointment with HC is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the B.N.P. Triple Antibiotic Ointment with HC?
- B.N.P. Triple Antibiotic Ointment with HC contains antibiotics. Resistance is a major concern when using antibiotics. To help avoid resistance, it is important for you to use this for as long as your veterinarian has prescribed, even if you dog or cat is looking and feeling better.
Effective remedy for scale on pug nosesFrom undisclosedComments about B.N.P. with HC Triple Antibiotic Eye Ointment
Very effective ointment fot CatsFrom Western NevadaComments about B.N.P. with HC Triple Antibiotic Eye Ointment
Avoids Eye SurgeryFrom St Augustine, FL, USAComments about B.N.P. with HC Triple Antibiotic Eye Ointment
Q & A
Will this help my dogs eye ulcer??
This ointment is used to treat and prevent certain bacterial infections and inflammatory conditions of the eye and surrounding tissue. This medication is not recommended for animals with corneal ulcers, because steroids can delay healing.Verified Answer
Do I need to supply a prescription from my vet to order and receive this product??
Yes, this product does require a prescription from a veterinarian. Thank you, VetRxDirectVerified Answer
Could You Please tell me if this product is safe to use on a Domesticated Rat's Eyes: who weighs between 1 & 1 1/2 Pounds ? Also would it be okay to use on the skin surrounding the Eyes, Wound, Etc. Also would this product be safe to use past it's expiration Date ? Thanks?
The use of the product is not specifically indicated for the use in rats and therefore the off-label use will be best determined by your veterinarian. Use past the expiration date is not recommended as use of the medication could result in an unexpected response. Thank you, VetRxDirectVerified Answer
My cat has a mild eye infection. Need nonprescription medicine. recommended plz.?
The choice of treatment will be based on a variety of factors, as such, any recommendation must be made by a licensed veterinarian. We recommend that you contact your veterinarian to determine the best course of therapy for your animal’s eye infection. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
How long is this medication good for? The left eye exploded on Mother's Day 2014. He had 2 eye graphs to fix the hole. His right eye is looking bad, it's Saturday, and won't be able to be seen until Mon. Can I use leftover med., stored at room temp??
Renly, Each tube of B.N.P. with HC ointment will have an expiration date on the tube. Usually on an eye ointment, the expiration date will be listed on the crimp of the tube. It is never recommended to use expired medication. Your veterinarian needs to be consulted to determine if B.N.P. with HC ointment would be appropriate for the current condition. Using leftover medication for a new condition without consulting your veterinarian can lead to even greater problems resulting from the incorrect medication used, incorrect dosing and delay of proper treatment. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer