What is Terramycin Eye Ointment for Dogs and Cats?
- Terramycin is an eye ointment that combines two antibiotics, Oxytetracycline and Polymyxin-B.
- Terramycin works against certain groups of bacteria, fungi, and other organisms that affect the eye.
- A prescription is required to dispense Terramycin to California.
Why do cats and dogs use Terramycin?
- Terramycin may aid in the treatment of eye conditions such as pink eye, keratitis, conjunctivitis, or other bacterial infections.
- Terramycin is not effective for viral infections or injuries.
What else should I know about Terramycin?
- Contains 2 antibiotics.
- Broad spectrum protection.
- May aid in treating certain eye conditions.
- Helps reduce infections.
- Petroleum base.
- Store Terramycin at room temperature or in the refrigerator, away from moisture and sunlight.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Terramycin?
- Some cats are extremely allerigic to Terramycin. Contact your veterinarian immediately if you notice difficult or noisy breathing or swelling of the throat.
- Do not use the Terramycin if it changes color.
How do you use Terramycin?
- Consult with your veterinarian before using Terramycin. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
- Use proper administation techniques to avoid contaminating the medication. Keep the cap on when not in use.
- Wait 5 minutes after applying Terramycin before applying any other eye medications.
What is in Terramycin?
- Terramycin contains two antibiotics that work in different ways to kill bacteria.
- Polymixin-B is an aminoglycoside antibiotic.
- Oxytetracycline is a tetracycline antibiotic.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Terramycin is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Terramycin?
- Terramycin contains an antibiotic. Resistance is a major concern when using antibiotics. To help avoid resistance, it is important for you to use this for as long as your veterinarian has prescribed, even if you dog or cat is looking and feeling better.
Most Liked Positive Review
Works like a charm!
Most Liked Negative Review
It worked very well for my older cat, Thank God :)))
I would definitely buy this product again.From UndisclosedComments about Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye Ointment
Fantastic productFrom UndisclosedComments about Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye Ointment
Great product:From UndisclosedComments about Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye Ointment
YesFrom UndisclosedComments about Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye Ointment
I would buy this product againFrom UndisclosedComments about Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye Ointment
Very effective for minor eye issuesFrom UndisclosedComments about Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye Ointment
Works great for kitty pink eyeFrom UndisclosedComments about Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye Ointment
This is my "go to" product for eye infections in all animalsFrom undisclosedComments about Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye Ointment
Yes I would buy this product again when neededFrom undisclosedComments about Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye Ointment
Very effectiveFrom undisclosedComments about Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye Ointment
Q & A
kitten is 5 week old can they take the medicine?
Unfortunately, there is no data on use in kittens. Please follow up with your veterinarian before using Terramycin to ensure proper treatment for your kitten’s infection.Verified Answer
how often and how much do need to apply for prevention??
The manufacturer recommends using Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye Ointment 2 to 4 times per day. Frequency of application and duration of treatment will depend on factors specific to your situation. Contact your veterinarian to ensure Terramycin is appropriate and to not delay proper treatment for your pet.Verified Answer
Is this medication harmful if used on pregnant dogs??
do I apply the ointment inside the eyelid or outside??
Terramycin should be applied on the inside of the eyelid for proper administration. Always follow your veterinarian's instructions.Verified Answer
can this be used before grooming to protect the eye as my yorkie has dry eyes need an ointment to put in her eyes just before grooming if this is not the one I need can you please tell me which one I should use thank you s.demoss?
Terramycin eye ointment contains two antibiotics, oxytetracycline and polymyxin. This medication is a prescription medication that a veterinarian might prescribe to treat or prevent an eye infection. Discuss your concerns with your veterinarian, and he or she will be able to determine if this antibiotic eye ointment is best for your pet.Verified Answer