Home Sharps Container
Starting At $6.07
Home Sharps Container
Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT.
We are unable to ship this product to California.
What are Sharps Disposal Containers and the BD Safe-Clip Device?
- If your dog or cat receives at-home insulin injections, fluid treatments, or other injections using needles, having a way to safely deposit and store used needles, syringes, and pen needles (also known as "sharps") is essential.
- These BD Home Sharps Disposal Containers and the BD Safe-Clip Device help you discard used sharps safely, protecting your family and your community.
What else should I know about the BD Home Sharps Disposal Containers?
- The home sharps containers both feature a permanent, snap top lid. They are constructed of puncture-resistant and leak-proof plastic, ensuring your safety and ease of use.
- With the 5.4 quart container, once the lid is attached and the syringe or needle goes into the sharps container, it is designed to not come out easily. This gives you piece of mind that the sharps are safe from children and pets.
- When the BD Home Sharps Container is full, seal it. Contact your local waste management or check SafeNeedleDisposal.org on how to dispose of the container properly.
What else should I know about the BD Safe-Clip Device?
- The Safe-Clip is a portable, convenient way to dispose of insulin and pen needles.
- It safely and easily removes needles from syringes and automatically stores them within the device.
- After the needle is clipped, the syringe cannot be reused and can be safely discarded in the trash.
- With the Safe-Clip device, the needle is stored inaccessibly. This gives you piece of mind that the sharps are safe from children and pets.
- The Safe-Clip device holds up to 1,500 clipped needles, which is about a 2 year supply, and can be used with 28 gauge through 31 gauge needles up to one-half inch in length.
- The Safe-Clip Device is not for use with lancets.
- When the Safe-Clip device is full, contact your local waste management or check SafeNeedleDisposal.org on how to dispose of the container properly.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- BD is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
- The 1.5 quart disposal container does not look like the current picture.
8 total reviews
Rated 5.00 out of 5 stars
100% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
8 5 star reviews
0 4 star reviews
0 3 star reviews
0 2 star reviews
0 1 star reviews
Diabetic cat suppliesFrom UndisclosedComments about Home Sharps Container Safe-Clip Needle Clipping and Storage DeviceMy cat, Milo is diabetic. I had yo learn how to dispose of the needles I use to give him his insulin. I was glad to find this needle clipper.
This product helps me to keep the syringes in one spotFrom UndisclosedComments about Home Sharps ContainerMy pet has diabetes and requires two shots per day. The container provides a great repository and makes it very convenient to dispose of the old,used syringes.
Will buy againFrom undisclosedComments about Home Sharps ContainerThis works just as expected. I needed something to hold used insulin syringes & this works perfectly.
Would purchase againFrom undisclosedComments about Home Sharps ContainerA solid container that costs a few dollars less than a similar one I purchased from my vet. FYI: I found out that I can take my filled container of sharps to my recycling center for free, which will also save me money as my vet charges to take back a filled container. Check with your local recycling center to make sure this applies to your state.
Worth every penny!From undisclosedComments about Home Sharps ContainerWe have a sweet 12 year old CRF cat who needs subcutaneous injections. I didn't trust placing used needles in a coffee can. With the Sharps Container, we all know exactly where the used needles are and no longer have to worry about where they can be disposed of ( our local pharmacy will take only in the Sharps container).
Great size for frequent disposals.From undisclosedComments about Home Sharps ContainerThis Sharps container should take us awhile to fill!! 5.4quart size for use with insulin syringes.
I would buy this productFrom Port Orange FlComments about Home Sharps ContainerMy pet has diabetes and needs insulin twice a day I use it to store daily used needles.
Good productFrom miComments about Home Sharps ContainerI'm diabetic
Displaying Reviews 1 - 8
Q & A
What are the physical dimensions of the 1.4 and 5.4 quart sharps containers???
For 1.4 quart, it is 4 X 8.1 X 4 inch For 5.4 quart, it is 10.75 X 10.75 X 4 inchVerified Answer
does this item also include the Safe Clip??
Sharon, The Home Sharps Container (in either size) does not contain the Safe-Clip Needle Clipping and Storage Device. These are different products intended to help dispose of medical sharps in two different ways. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 2