What is Senergy for Dogs and Senergy for Cats?
- Senergy is a prescription topical that prevents heartworm disease and parasite infections for dogs and cats.
- Senergy contains selamectin and protects dogs and cats against fleas, ear mites, ticks, worms, and mange mites for one month.
Why is Senergy used for Dogs and Cats?
- Senergy kills adult fleas, flea eggs and prevents and controls infestations of fleas.
- In cats, Senergy also treats and controls ear mites, roundworms, and hookworms.
- In dogs, Senergy also treats and controls ear mites, sarcoptic mange, and American dog tick infestations.
What else should I know about Senergy?
- Senergy is recommended for use in dogs six weeks of age and older and cats 8 weeks and older.
- In humans, Senergy may be irritating to the skin and eyes.
- Wash hands after use and wash off any product in contact with the skin immediately with soap and water.
- Bathing or shampooing the dog 2 or more hours after treatment will not reduce the effectiveness of Senergy against fleas or heartworm.
- Bathing or shampooing the cat 2 hours after treatment will not reduce the effectiveness of Senergy against fleas. Bathing or shampooing the cat 24 hours after treatment will not reduce the effectiveness against heartworm.
- The American Heartworm Society and most veterinarians recommend an annual heartworm test before prescribing a heartworm preventative for your dog or cat. Dogs and cats with existing heartworm infections can have serious reactions after taking this.
- Senergy is sold as a prescription drug in a maximum of a 12-month supply per animal per year.
What problems could my dog have with Senergy?
- Consult with your veterinarian before using this product and follow their specific recommendations for use.
- Due to alcohol content, do not apply to broken skin.
- Do not apply when the haircoat is wet.
- Stiff hair, clumping of hair, hair discoloration, or a slight powdery residue may be observed at the treatment site in some animals. These effects are temporary and do not affect the safety or effectiveness of the product.
How do you use Senergy?
- Apply to the skin once a month as directed by your veterinarian.
What is in Senergy?
- Senergy contains selamectin, a type of parasiticide medication that is effective against heartworm, hookworm, roundworm, fleas, and ear mites.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Senergy is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.