Salix (furosemide) Rx
What are Salix Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
- Salix is a prescription medication for dogs and cats that contains furosemide.
- Furosemide is a diuretic that helps remove excess fluids from your pet’s body.
Why do cats and dogs use Salix?
- If your pet has been diagnosed with high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, kidney problems, or liver disorders, your veterinarian may prescribe a diuretic containing furosemide such as Salix.
What else should I know about Salix?
- Salixmay change the electrolyte or salt levels of the blood. Your veterinarian will need to give your cat or dog regular blood tests to monitor this.
- Looking for Disal Furosemide Tablets?
- Looking for Generic Furosemide Tablets?
What problems could my dog or cat have with Salix?
- Your dog or cat may urinate more while taking Furosemide. Make sure they have plenty of access to fresh water.
- Contact your veterinarian immediately if you see side effects such as weakness, collapse, head tilt, lack of urination, or fast heartbeat.
How do you use Salix?
- Salix may be given with or without food. Follow your veterinarian's instructions.
What is in Salix?
- The drug Furosemide is a diuretic. It works in the kidneys to remove exvess water from the body.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Salix is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Salix?
- Dogs and cats may use Salix for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.