What is Furosemide for Dogs and Cats?
- Furosemide is a prescription medication for dogs and cats that contains furosemide.
- Furosemide is a diuretic that helps remove excess fluids from your pet’s body.
Why do cats and dogs use Furosemide?
- If your pet has been diagnosed with high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, kidney problems, or liver disorders, your veterinarian may prescribe a diuretic containing furosemide such as Furosemide.
What else should I know about Furosemide?
- The Furosemide Oral Solution and Oral Syrup are very similar. They have the same concentration of Furosemide. Both are sweet-tasting liquids that may be easier to give to cats and dogs that will not take tablets.
- Furosemide may change the electrolyte or salt levels of the blood. Your veterinarian will need to give your cat or dog regular blood tests to monitor this.
- Looking for Disal Furosemide Tablets?
- Looking for Salix Furosemide Tablets?
What problems could my dog or cat have with Furosemide?
- Your dog or cat may urinate more while taking Furosemide. Make sure they have plenty of access to fresh water.
- Contact your veterinarian immediately if you see side effects such as weakness, collapse, head tilt, lack of urination, or fast heartbeat.
How do you use Furosemide?
- Furosemide may be given with or without food. Follow your veterinarian's instructions.
What is in Furosemide?
- The drug Furosemide is a diuretic. It works in the kidneys to remove exvess water from the body.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Furosemide is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Furosemide?
- Dogs and cats may use Furosemide for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.