Furosemide (generic) for Dogs and Cats
Furosemide is a prescription diuretic medication for dogs and cats that helps reduce the amount of water in your pet’s body. This medication works in the kidneys to remove excess water in the body and changes electrolyte levels in the blood. If your dog or cat has been diagnosed with high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, kidney, or liver disorders your veterinarian may prescribe this medication. Furosemide is available in an oral solution as well as tablets for easier administration.
- Furosemide (generic) is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand varies from order to order and variation to variation. VetRxDirect is unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
VetOne Furosemide Syrup for Dogs
VetOne Furosemide Syrup is a prescription, oral medication for dogs that contains Furosemide. Furosemide is a diuretic type medication that works in the kidneys to remove excess water in the body and changes electrolyte levels in the blood. This medication is commonly prescribed to treat congestive heart failure, lung disease, types of edema, liver disease, and excessive fluid buildup in tissues.
- VetOne Furosemide is a brand name vet label drug. If you place an order for Furosemide Syrup, it will always be filled with VetOne Furosemide Syrup.
The Furosemide Oral Solution and the Furosemide Oral Syrup are both liquids with the same strength of furosemide. They are very similar - both sweet-tasting and safe for dogs and cats. The syrup may be slightly thicker. Please consult with your veterinarian regarding which would be best for your pet if you are not sure.
What you should know about Furosemide:
- Read and follow the prescription label carefully for storage information, possible side effects, and drug interactions.
- Give the exact amount prescribed and only as often as directed.
- Do not skip doses or stop giving the medication without consulting your veterinarian.