What is the Proventil HFA Inhaler for Cats and Dogs?
- Proventil contains the medication Albuterol Sulfate. The Albuterol in Proventil is a prescription inhaled aerosol medication for dogs and cats.
- Albuterol sulfate is a bronchodilator that relaxes the muscles in the airways and improves airflow into the lungs.
Why do cats and dogs use Proventil HFA Inhalers?
- Proventil is used to treat asthma and bronchospasm, constriction of the airways.
- If your dog or cat has been diagnosed with a respiratory disorder, your veterinarian may prescribe an inhaler medication to help open the airways for easier breathing.
What else should I know about Proventil HFA Inhalers?
- Ground shipping is required due to Department of Transportation regulations. Expedited shipping is not available.
- Inhalers are often most effective when used with spacers or chambers such as the AeroKat or AeroDawg Aerosol Chambers.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Proventil HFA Inhalers?
- Overdoses can be serious. Be careful not to let your dog or cat bite into the inhaler canister.
- Cats may dislike the taste of the medication as they inhale it. Consult your veterinarian if you are having trouble using the medication with your cat.
How do you use Proventil HFA Inhalers?
- Consult with your veterinarian before administering this medication and follow their specific recommendations.
- Shake the inhaler well before you use it.
What is in Proventil HFA Inhalers?
- Proventil contains the drug albuterol sulfate, a bronchodilator that relaxes the muscles in the airways and improves airflow into the lungs.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Proventil is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
No Reviews Yet
How do you get a small dog to use the inhaler??
- Asked by Dusty
Verified Reply - You can try a product called AeroDawg Chamber. It is a device that connects to the Proventil inhaler to help make medication delivery easier. For more information, please visit: http://www.vetrxdirect.com/product/view/aerodawg/variation-5391 And for a helpful YouTube Video on how to use this product: http://www.vetrxdirect.com/product/view/aerodawg/variation-5391 under the "More Info" tab.
I bought the AeroDawg direct from the manufacturer. My vet and I are looking for medication and dosage for trachea collapse.?
- Asked by emmoo
Open Reply - VetRxDirect Proventil is a prescription inhalation aerosol that contains albuterol sulfate, a beta2-adrenergic bronchodilator. Albuterol is commonly used in the treatment of breathing conditions such as asthma, or acute airway obstructions. Our sources do not provide specific dosage information for albuterol in the treatment of tracheal collapse. Proventil is dosed to deliver 90 mcg of albuterol in each puff or actuation of the inhaler device. We recommend that you continue talking with your veterinarian about treatment options for your dog. Thank you, VetRxDirect
VetRxDirect, Will the Proventil Inhaler work with the aerokat chamber? Thank you, Jennifer?
- Asked by jennt68w
Open Reply - VetRxDirect All inhalers sold at VetRxDirect, including the Proventil, will work with the AeroKat and AeroDawg aerosol chambers.
Do I need to get a vet prescription prior to ordering the (Proventil HFA 90mcg, 200 Metered Inhalations) inhaler for my aging mini dachshund??
- Asked by Ron
Open Reply - VetRxDirect Ron, Proventil is a prescription medication in the United States and will require a prescription to order. We can accept prescriptions from licensed United States veterinarians in several ways. Once an order is placed, we can fax your dog's veterinarian, and the clinic can fax it back or call in the approval. We can also accept original written prescriptions through the mail. Thank you, VetRxDirect
Is this the same drug used on humans? Is this the same dose for adults as for pets??
- Asked by Michelle
Open Reply - VetRxDirect Michelle, Albuterol inhalers are human medications that are also used in veterinary medicine. As they are a prescription medication, your pet's veterinarian would be the person who would decide the dose for your pet, just as a human physician would decide the dose when prescribing for a person. As we are a veterinary pharmacy, we only dispense for veterinary use and can only accept prescriptions from licensed United States veterinarians. Thank you, VetRxDirect