120 Tablets for Dogs and Cats
Starting At $22.25
In StockFree shipping when you buy 3 or with a $59 order
Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT.
What is Prosamine for Cats and Dogs?
- Prosamine is a concentrated joint support formula for dogs and cats that helps provide nutritional support for managing joint conditions and for maximizing orthopedic postsurgical healing.
Why is Prosamine given to cats and dogs?
- Prosamine is designed to provide the nutrients needed to build healthy joint tissue.
- It provides many of the basic building blocks used in connective tissues, such as cartilage, tendons, and ligaments.
- Prosamine includes a highly absorbable glucosamine HCl and glucosamine sulfate and also a scarce amino acid important for collagen synthesis.
What else should I know about Prosamine?
- Tasty flavored chewable tablet.
- For both cats and dogs.
- Store in a dry place.
What problems could my cat or dog have with Prosamine?
- Keep out of reach of children and animals.
- Prosamine is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only.
- A significant response may not be noticeable for up to 3 to 4 weeks.
- Each animal's response may differ.
How do you use Prosamine?
- Use as directed by your veterinarian.
- Tablets may be crumbled and mixed with food.
- Manufacturer's suggested use for maintenance: Dogs and cats 1 to 20 lbs, 1 tablet daily. Dogs 21 to 50 lbs, 2 tablets daily. Dogs 51 to 90 lbs, 3 tablets daily. Dogs over 90 lbs, 3 and 1/2 tablets daily.
- For initial usage, double the maintenance dose for the first 5 days.
What is in Prosamine?
- Guaranteed analysis per tablet: Calcium min 10 mg, Manganese 10 mg, Vitamin C 25 mg, Glucosamine Sulfate 325 mg, Glucosamine HCl 325 mg, Hydroxyproline 20 mg.
- Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Glucosamine Sulfate, Glucosamine HCI, Vegetarian Beef Flavor, Garlic Powder, Calcium Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Animal Liver Meal, Dried Whey, Ascorbin Acid (Source of Vitamin C), Hydrolyzed Poultry Feathers, Gelatin By-Products.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Prosamine is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Prosamine?
- Dogs and cats may use this product for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Who makes Prosamine?
- Prosamine is made by the manufacturer Animal Health Options.
3 total reviews
Rated 5.00 out of 5 stars
0% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
3 5 star reviews
0 4 star reviews
0 3 star reviews
0 2 star reviews
0 1 star reviews
I intend to use this product "forever".From UndisclosedComments about ProsamineMy dogs have used a combo of Prosamine, ProAnimal and a Tuna Omega-3 supplement their whole lives and are healthy and happy!
Purchased for many yearsFrom undisclosedComments about ProsamineRecommended by my dogs' veterinarian and they love the taste!
I will definitely purchase Prosamine again!From undisclosedComments about ProsamineMy Veterinarian recommended this product. We have been using the Prosamine and hopefully will see some improvements in our Sheltie. This product came to our door in a matter of days since we purchased it. I find VetRxDirect to be a very reputable company and will definitely purchase from them again.
Displaying Reviews 1 - 3
Q & A
My dog has fused vertebra and is on Novox from the vet. Would a product like this help to stregthen his bone health ? He is a large breed dog ( cane corso ) and twelve years old. Thank you... Laurel?
Laurel, Prosamine contains glucosamine, a natural compound found in healthy cartilage. Glucosamine provides many of the basic building blocks needed for regeneration of connective tissues such as cartilage, tendons and ligaments. Prosamine also contains hydroxyproline, which provides additional raw material for collagen production. All of this is more for the pet's connective tissue than bones, however Prosamine is commonly used as a compliment to the traditional therapies of a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as Novox being used for your dog's inflammation and pain. This is an option best discussed with your veterinarian. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 1