What are Pentoxifylline Tablets for Dogs?
- Pentoxifylline is a prescription medication that is used to increase blood flow to areas not getting enough blood, thereby reducing inflammation and enhancing healing.
- These Pentoxifylline tablets are extended release, meaning the medication is designed to slowly release the drug in the body for a more extended time period, allowing fewer daily doses.
Why do dogs use Pentoxifylline?
- Pentoxifylline may be prescribed to treat non-healing skin ulcers, navicular disease, contact dermatitis, or other conditions that may be improved by increased bloodflow.
What else should I know about Pentoxifylline?
- These Pentoxifylline tablets are extended release.
What problems could my dog have with Pentoxifylline?
- Like most drugs, Pentoxifylline can cause upset stomach.
- Pentoxifylline can also cause restlessness, increased heartbeat, and can cause your pet to be off balance.
How do you use Pentoxifylline?
- Pentoxifylline should be given with food. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
What is in Pentoxifylline?
- Pentoxifylline is a medication in the class of xanthine derivatives which inhibit phosphodiesterase.
- Phosphodiesterase is an enzyme in the body with many functions including the regulation of blood vessels and their tone.
- Pentoxifylline is a blood viscosity reducer and immunomodulatory agent.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Pentoxifylline is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog to finish all of the Pentoxifylline?
- Dogs may use Pentoxifylline for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Works for usFrom UndisclosedComments about Pentoxifylline Extended-Release
My dog takes this daily.From UndisclosedComments about Pentoxifylline Extended-Release
Q & A
Is it O K to cut this tablet into smaller pieces to make it easier to give my pet??
Due to the product's specific formulation, it is recommended that pentoxifylline be administered as a whole tablet. Crushing, chewing, or spliting these tablets is not recommended. If you have any other questions about how this medication can be administered to your pet please contact your veterinarian.Verified Answer
How many tablets are in the bottle of pentoxi fylline 400mg??
It comes in a bottle of 100 but they are sold at a per tablet price. Thank you, VetRxDirectVerified Answer