Metoclopramide (compounded) Anti-Nausea Oral Suspension for Dogs and Cats
Your veterinarian may prescribe Metoclopramide for nausea. Metoclopramide increases the movements or contractions of the stomach and intestines. This medicine may be used to relieve the symptoms of vomiting and heartburn (gastro-esophageal reflux). Your veterinarian may also prescribe this medicine for other conditions. Metoclopramide oral suspension is compounded by the VetRxDirect Pharmacy in custom dosages and flavors.
What you should know about Metoclopramide (compounded) Suspension:
- Beyond Use Dates: Due to the shelf life of this medication, it is recommended the Metoclopramide oral suspension be used within 80 days.
- Read and follow the prescription label carefully for storage information, possible side effects, and drug interactions.
- Give the exact amount prescribed and only as often as directed.
- Do not skip doses or stop giving the medication without consulting your veterinarian.
- If you miss a dose, give it to your pet as soon as possible. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose, then continue with the regular dosing schedule. Do not give your pet two doses at once.
- Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
- Store this medicine at room temperature in a dry, cool place. Keep this medicine away from heat and direct sunlight.
- Do not store this medicine in damp places, in the bathroom, or near the kitchen sink. This medication can break down when exposed to moisture or heat.
- This specialty medication is compounded by hand by skilled VetRxDirect pharmacy technicians following strict regulations to keep your pet safe. A minimum amount per compounded medication of $49.99 is required. When an amount less than the minimum is purchased the difference will be added to your invoice.
- A minimum order of 15 mL is required.
- Want to learn more about compounding?