Methimazole Suspension (Compounded) for Cats
The Methimazole Suspension is a liquid medication in tasty flavors. If your cat suffers from hyperthyroidism, your veterinarian may prescribe Methimazole. This fast-acting medication treats hyperthyroidism by blocking the production of thyroid hormone in the thyroid gland. Hyperthyroidism can cause your cat to loose weight, shed, and suffer from a variety of other uncomfortable symptoms. We ensure that your cat gets the right dosage by mixing the exact amount of Methimazole that your cat needs into a flavored oral suspension. Compounded Methimazole Suspension is available in the dosage strengths listed above, and in fish, chicken, beef, or unflavored.
What you should know about the Methimazole (Compounded) Suspension:
- Beyond Use Date for Compounded Methimazole Suspension: Due to the shelf life of this product, it is reccommended the oral suspension be used within 80 days.
- Talk to your veterinarian before using this product.
- Follow dosing directions exactly - don’t give your pet more medication than directed and don’t skip doses.
- Read the label carefully for information about storage, possible side effects, and drug interactions.
- Wear gloves when handling this medication.
- This specialty medication is compounded by hand by skilled VetRxDirect pharmacy technicians following strict regulations to keep your pet safe. A minimum amount per compounded medication of $49.99 is required. When an amount less than the minimum is purchased the difference will be added to your invoice.
- A minimum of 15 mL per request is required.
- Want to learn more about Compounding?