Felimazole (methimazole) Rx
What are Felimazole Tablets for Cats?
- Felimazole is a prescription medication used to treat overactive thyroid glands in cats. While Felimazole can’t stop the condition, it will help your cat feel better and improve her quality of life.
- The active ingredient in each small, coated Felimazile table is methimazole, which reduces the amount of the thyroid hormone your cat’s thyroid gland produces.
Why do cats use Felimazole?
- Cats may be prescribed Felimazole to treat overactive thyroid.
- Hyperthyroidism, or overactive thyroid, in cats causes weight loss, increased appetite, excessive thirst, hair loss, and more.
- While there is no permanent treatment for cats with hyperthyroidism, your veterinarian can help your cat feel better by regulating the thyroid with prescription Felimazole.
What else should I know about Felimazole?
- Manages symptoms of hyperthyroidism in cats.
- Small, coated tablets for easy dosing.
- Methimazole has a bitter taste and can be hazardous to humans. Coated tablets cover the taste and reduce contact with Methimazole.
- Looking for Methimazole Generic Tablets, Methimazole Transdermal Gel, or Methimazole Liquid Suspensions?
What problems could my or cat have with Felimazole?
- Common side effects include vomiting, decreased appetite, and lethargy.
- Most side effects occur in the first 3 months of giving Methimazole and may be lessened by gradually increasing the dose. Always follow your veterinarian's directions.
How do you use Felimazole?
- Wear gloves when handling Methimazole.
- Pregnant women, women who may become pregnant, nursing mothers, and people with low thyroid levels should not handle Methimazole.
What is in Felimazole?
- The drug in Felimazole is Methimazole.
- Methimazole is an antithyroid agent that reduces the level of thyroid hormones in the body.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Felimazole is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my cat to finish all of the Felimazole?
- Cats may use Felimazole for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Felimazole Coated Tablet Pictures:
Felimazole 2.5mg Tablet Picture Felimazole 5mg Tablet Picture