Mal-A-Ket for Dogs and Cats
Mal-A-Ket is a topical product line for dogs and cats containing chlorhexidine, ketoconazole, and acetic acid. They are great for treating intertriginous (where skin touches skin) and interdigital dermatitis (in between the toes), hot spots, and other skin conditions. The line contains a shampoo and wipes. The TrizEDTA version also contains tromethamine and the product line includes a flush and shampoo.
- Directions for use: Apply to affected area as directed by your pet's veterinarian.
- Directions for use: SHAKE WELL. Apply to wet coat, rub onto skin and haircoat to create a rich lather. Allow shampoo to remain on skin and coat for 5-10 minutes. Rinse well. Use initially 2-4 times per week for 4 weeks, then reduce to once per week or as directed by the veterinarian.
- Active Ingredients: 2% Chlorhexidine Gluconate USP, 1% Ketoconazole USP.
- Inactive Ingredients: Water, Lauramine Oxide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyacylate-1 Crosspolymer, Acetic Acid, Decyl Glucoside, Fragrance, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.
Mal-A-Ket TrizEDTA Flush:
- Directions for use: SHAKE WELL. For use as an ear flush: apply to the ear canal and gently, but firmly, massage the base of the ear. For use on skin: squeeze flush over affected area. Use a cotton ball to remove excess solution. Repeat as necessary or as directed by your pet's veterinarian. Close cap tightly.
- Active Ingredients: 0.15% Chlorhexidine Gluconate USP, 0.15% Ketoconazole USP.
- Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerine, Nonoxynol-9, Glycolic Acid, TrizEDTA (Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA), Decolorized Aloe Vera, Methylisothiazolinone.
Mal-A-Ket TrizEDTA Spray Conditioner:
- Directions for Use: SHAKE WELL. For dry application - apply directly to skin and haircoat and allow to dry. For wet application or after shampooing - remove excess moisture and apply directly to skin and haircoat. Use as often as desired or as directed by the veterinarian.