What are Levetiracetam Extended-Release (Generic) Tablets for Cats and Dogs?
- Levetiracetam is a prescription anticonvulsant drug that is used with other medications to control seizures caused by epilepsy.
- Levetiracetam is the generic name of Keppra.
Why do cats and dogs use Levetiracetam?
- Levetiracetam works in combination with phenobarbital and bromides to help treat epilepsy and give your pet a better quality of life.
- Levetiracetam is also prescribed to control seizures associated with hepatic encephalopathy.
- Extended release tablets are designed to release a drug into the system more slowly to allow for less frequest dosing.
What else should I know about Levetiracetam?
- These Levetiracetam tablets are extended release. Do not crush these tablets or allow your dog or cat to chew the tablets.
- Helps control seizures due to epilepsy and hepatic encephalopathy.
- May be combined with other seizure medications.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Levetiracetam?
- Tiredness and lack of appetite are the most common side effects of Levetiracetam.
How do you use Levetiracetam?
- Levetiracetam may be given with or without food. Follow your veterinarian's instructions.
- These tablets are extended release, NOT immediate release. You may or may not need to give multiple doses per day. Follow your veterinarian's instructions.
What is in Levetiracetam?
- The drug Levetiracetam is an anticonvulsant used to treat seizures.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Levetiracetam is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Levetiracetam?
- Dogs and cats may use Levetiracetam for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.