What are Interceptor Flavor Tabs for Dogs and Cats?
- Interceptor Flavor Tabs are a presctiption double-acting parasite preventative for dogs and cats.
- Interceptor Flavor Tabs contain Milbemycin Oxime, a parasiticide that prevents heartworm disease and controls the infection of intestinal worms.
- Interceptor Flavor Tabs control whipworms, hookworms, and roundworms in dogs.
- In cats, Interceptor Flavor Tabs control hookworms and roundworms.
- Interceptor provides 1 month of protection and is a flavored chewable tablet, making it easier to give to your pet.
Why do cats and dogs use Interceptor Flavor Tabs?
- Your veterinarian may prescribe Interceptor Flavor Tabs to treat and control heartworms, roundworms, whipworms, and hookworms in dogs.
- In cats, Interceptor Flavor Tabs are used to treat and control heartworms, roundworms, and hookworms.
What else should I know about Interceptor Flavor Tabs?
- Looking for Interceptor Plus Chewables?
- The American Heartworm Society and most veterinarians recommend an annual heartworm test before prescribing a heartworm preventative for your dog or cat. Dogs and cats with existing heartworm infections can have serious reactions after taking this.
- Talk with your veterinarian for more information and to find the best flea and tick preventative to complement this product.
- Interceptor is sold as a prescription drug in a maximum of a 12-month supply per dog per year.
- To buy the same size for more than one dog, add what you need to the cart. You can split the amount to different dogs in checkout!
- Contact your local waste management about the safe disposal of Interceptor. It can be very toxic to fish and wildlife.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Interceptor Flavor Tabs?
- One common, but not usually serious, side effect after giving Interceptor Flavor Tabs is vomiting.
- Keep out of reach of other animals. Overdoses can also be serious. Contact your veterinarian if you suspect an overdose.
- Contact your veterinarian immediately if you see neurologic signs such as coma, weakness, clumsiness, dilated pupils, trembling, excessive drooling, or if your dog presses its head against the wall.
How do you use Interceptor Flavor Tabs?
- Give once a month as directed by your veterinarian.
What is in Interceptor Flavor Tabs?
- The active ingredient in Interceptor Flavor Tabs is Milbemycin Oxime, which kills certain parasites by interrupting their nerve transmission and causing their death.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Interceptor is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Interceptor Flavor Tabs?
- Dogs and cats may use Interceptor Flavor Tabs for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Interceptor Flavor Tabs.From UndisclosedComments about Interceptor Flavor Tabs for Dogs 11-25 lbs or Cats 1.5-6 lbs, 6 Month Supply
Love vetrxdirectFrom UndisclosedComments about Interceptor Flavor Tabs for Dogs 51-100 lbs or Cats 12.1-25 lbs, 6 Month Supply
Wonderful preventativeFrom UndisclosedComments about Interceptor Flavor Tabs
Excellent serviceFrom UndisclosedComments about Interceptor Flavor Tabs
You made it easier and quicker than another company I used.From undisclosedComments about Interceptor Flavor Tabs
Q & A
I know that the instructions suggest a monthly dosage. However, if I only administer every other month, would that render the product ineffective, or simply provide less protection??
Interceptor product label recommends monthly dosing and has not been studied with dosing every other month. Dosing this medication every other month will decrease the protection that Interceptor provides against parasites, however it is unknown to what extent. Please consult your veterinarian regarding any further questions or concerns regarding this medication.Verified Answer
What is the difference between these and the Interceptor Plus??
The Interceptor Flavor Tabs contain the active ingredient milbemycin oxime. The Interceptor Flavor Plus Tabs contain the active ingredients milbemycin oxime and praziquantel. The addition of praziquantel in the Interceptor Flavor Plus Tabs is to prevent heartworm disease caused by tapeworms.Verified Answer
HOE LONG DO YOU EXPECT THESE TO BE ON BACKORDER FROM THE MANUFACTOR ??
Dottie, The manufacturer states that Interceptor Heartworm Preventative will no longer be produced. We encourage you to talk with your pet's veterinarian about the best heartworm pet meds for your dogs and your area. One option would be the manufacturer's other heartworm preventative, Sentinel. It contains the same active drug as Interceptor plus Lufenuron, which prevents flea populations. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer