Heartgard Tablets Rx
Heartgard Tablets for Dogs (unflavored) (ivermectin)
Heartgard has introduced a monthly heartworm preventative for dogs without added beef. This product contains ivermectin, similar to the other heartgard products, to prevent heartworm infestations in dogs. It does not contain any flavors, making it ideal for dogs with allergies to certain meats or additives.
- Looking for Dog Heartgard Chewables for Dogs (ivermectin)?
- Looking for Heartgard PLUS Chewables for Dogs (ivermectin and pyrantel)?
What you should know about Heartgard Tablets for Dogs:
- Your dog's veterinarian may order a heartworm test before prescribing this medication.
- Talk with your dog's veterinarian about the right dosage for your dog.
- Follow dosing directions exactly - don’t give your dog more medication than directed and don’t skip doses.
- Read the label carefully for information about storage, possible side effects and drug interactions.
Heartgard tablets are sold as a prescription drug in a maximum of a 12 month supply per dog per year. To buy the same size for more than one dog, add what you need to the cart. You can split the amount to different dogs in checkout.
Most veterinarians require and the American Heartworm Society recommends an annual heartworm test before prescribing Heartgard Tablets heartworm preventive for your pet. Talk with your pet's veterinarian for more information and to find the best flea and tick preventative to complement Heartgard Tablets.