Genesis (triamcinolone acetonide) Topical Spray Rx
What is Genesis Topical Spray for Dogs and Cats?
- Genesis Spray is a prescription anti-inflammatory topical treatment for dogs that contains the drug Triamcinolone Acetonide.
- Triamcinolone a type of topical corticosteroid medication that works to relieve inflammation, itching, redness, and irritation caused by allergic reactions and other skin disorders.
Why do cats and dogs use Genesis Spray?
- Genesis Spray is used for dogs with allergic skin conditions including food allergies and flea allergy dermatitis.
- It may also be prescribed in the treatment of arthritic conditions.
What else should I know about Genesis Spray?
- You will need to stop using Genesis for at least 2 weeks before allergy testing.
- Dispose of Genesis in the regular trash. Do not rinse it down the drain.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Genesis Spray?
- Do not spray Genesis near the eyes.
- Possible side effects that are not serious include sneezing, watery eyes, discomfort during application, or increased appetite, thirst, and need to urinate.
How do you use Genesis Spray?
- Prevent your dog or cat from licking or grooming the treated area for 20 to 30 minutes after applying Genesis.
- Pregnant women should wear gloves when handling Genesis.
- Avoid inhaling the spray while applying Genesis.
What is in Genesis Spray?
- Genesis Spray contains the corticosteroid Triamcinolone Acetonide.
- Triamcinolone reduces itching and inflammation.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Genesis Spray is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Genesis Spray?
- Dogs and cats may use Genesis Spray for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.