What is Gatifloxacin Ophthalmic Solution for Dogs and Cats?
- Gatifloxacin Ophthalmic Solution is a prescription antibiotic eye medication for dogs and cats.
Why do cats and dogs use Gatifloxacin?
- Gatifloxacin is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic that kills certain types of bacteria and is used to treat eye infections including conjunctivitis and keratitis.
- If your dog or cat has been diagnosed with an eye infection, your veterinarian may prescribe an eye drop such as Gatifloxacin.
What else should I know about Gatifloxacin?
- Store the eye drops at room temperature away from moisture and sunlight.
- There are approximately 20 drops per milliliter.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Gatifloxacin?
- Crystals may appear in the eyes for a few days after treatment. This is typically harmless and the crystals should disappear.
- Gatifloxacin may cause stinging, burning, redness, or irritation of the eye.
- Gatifloxacin may cause sensitivity to bright sunlight.
- Humans report a bad taste in the mouth when using Gatifloxacin.
How do you use Gatifloxacin?
- Use proper administration techniques to avoid contamination of the bottle. Keep the cap on when not in use.
- Wait 5 minutes after applying Gatifloxacin to the eye before administering any other eye medication.
What is in Gatifloxacin?
- Gatifloxacin is a type of fluoroquinolone antibiotic that kills certain types of bacteria.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Gatifloxacin is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Gatifloxacin?
- Gatifloxacin is an antibiotic. Resistance is a major concern when using antibiotics. To help avoid resistance, it is important for you to use this for as long as your veterinarian has prescribed, even if you dog or cat is looking and feeling better.
No Reviews Yet
Q & A
how many drops a day?
The number of drops per day can vary depending on factors such as weight. It is recommended to follow the prescription directions and contact your veterinarian if you have further questions regarding this medication and directions for use.Verified Answer