Flovent HFA Rx
What is Flovent for Cats and Dogs?
- Flovent (fluticasone) is an inhaled aerosol steroid that is proven effective in humans, as well as cats and dogs suffering from chronic asthma or bronchitis.
- Like humans, dogs and cats can suffer from asthma and bronchitis.
- The symptoms are similar too – wheezing, coughing, and restricted breathing.
- Prescription Flovent is an inhaled steroid that decreases swelling and irritation of the airways and can help your pet breathe easier.
Why do cats and dogs use Flovent?
- Flovent may be prescribed for cats and dogs suffering from chronic asthma or bronchitis.
What else should I know about Flovent?
- A built-in dose counter on the canister makes it easy to track the number of doses left.
- Be sure to check the dose meter regularly to ensure your pet is receiving a full dose of Flovent.
- Using special feline and canine aerosol masks (sold separately) helps ensure that your pet receives the full dose of Flovent. Be sure that the facemask you use to administer Flovent fits your pet properly – it should fit snuggly around the muzzle and corners of the mouth.
- Ground shipping is required due to Department of Transportation regulations. There is no expedited shipping.
- Treats chronic bronchitis in dogs and cats and chronic feline asthma and sinusitis.
- Flovent has no demonstrated side effects.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Flovent?
- It may take 7-10 days for the Flovent to show its full effect.
- Flovent is not an effective treatment of an acute bronchospasm, active wheezing or shortness of breath.
How do you use Flovent?
- Shake well before use.
- Most effective when used with a spacer or chamber like the AeroKat or AeroDawg Aerosol Chambers. The chamber mixes the drug with air so that your dog or cat will breathe in the medication instead of swallowing it.
What is in Flovent?
- The drug in Flovent is Fluticasone, an inhaled glucocorticoid steroid.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Flovent is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Flovent?
- Dogs and cats may use Flovent for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.