EmerAid Intensive Care Herbivore Rx
Starting At $20.99
EmerAid Intensive Care Herbivore Rx
Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT with veterinary approval.
Requires veterinary authorization.
Your pet's veterinarian will provide directions for use.
What is Emeraid IC Herbivore Intensive Care Nutrition by LaFeberVet?
- Emeraid Intensive Care Herbivore is a prescription diet for exotic vegetable and plant-eating animals with critical illness.
- Emeraid Intensive Care Herbivore is designed for herbivorous mammals including rabbits, guinea pigs, and chinchillas, and herbivorous reptiles such as iguanas, tortoises, and some turtles.
- It may be used alone or in combination with other Emeraid diets to accompany other exotic animal species.
- Emeraid Intensive Care Herbivore provides highly digestible and absorbable ingredients including protein, fats, and simple carbohydrates for energy.
- It contains high fiber content to encourage normal gastrointestinal motility and high levels of arginine and glutamine. Emeraid Intensive Care is also formulated with complete and balanced sources of essential amino acids, vitamins, minerals, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, and dietary nucleotides.
Why do herbivores use Emeraid Intensive Care Herbivore?
- Veterinarians may prescribe this diet because it provides nutritional support for rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, iguanas, tortoises, turtles, and other herbivores with critical health conditions including severe dental disease, infections, nutritional deficiencies, malabsorption, anorexia, or surgery recovery.
What else should I know about Emeraid Intensive Care Herbivore?
- EmerAid Intensive Care Herbivore is a powdered formula mixed with water for feeding.
- The 100g pouch comes with a 1 tablespoon (15ml) size scoop.
- The 400g pouch comes with a red scoop that has both large (1 tablespoon) and small (1 teaspoon) ends.
- Use Emeraid Intensive Care Herbivore within 6 months of opening.
- Refrigerate Emeraid Intensive Care Herbivore after opening.
- Large scoop = 1 Tbsp = approximately 7 grams.
- Small scoop = 1 tsp = approximately 2.3 grams.
What problems could my herbivore have with Emeraid Intensive Care Herbivore?
- Emeraid has been scientifically designed for extremely high digestibility. Avoid contamination. Contamination can cause harmful bacterial growth.
- Handle product carefully.
- Keep dry. Use clean, dry scoop.
- Do not cross contaminate with scoops used with non-Emeraid foods.
How do you use Emeraid Intensive Care Herbivore?
- Feed as directed by your veterinarian.
- Standard mixing directions: Mix one part powder to one part hot water 122°F (50°C). Stir until smooth.
- Use a syringe to draw up the mixture.
- Make fresh for each feeding and use immediately.
- When finished, flush and clean feeding syringe.
- Discard remaining food after each feeding.
- Refrigerate after opening.
What is in Emeraid Intensive Care Herbivore?
- Ingredients: Cellulose, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Glucose Syrup Solids, Ground Rice, Inulin, Corn Oil, Defatted Wheat Germ, Canola Oil, L-Glutamine, Ground Limestone, Potassium Bicarbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Sucrose, Natural Vanilla Flavor, L-Valine, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Magnesium Sulfate, Citric Acid, L-Cysteine, L-Tryptophan, Vitamin C Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Niacin Supplement, Iodized Salt, Tocopherols, Copper Sulfate, Beta-Carotene, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement.
- Caloric distribution: Protein 27.0%, Fat 33.2%, Digestible carbohydrates 39.6%.
- Breakdown of fiber content: Non-fermentable fiber 75.3%, Fermentable fiber 24.7%.
- Guaranteed analysis: Crude fiber (max) 35.7%, Crude protein (min) 18.1%, Crude fat (min) 9.0%, Crude fiber (min) 30.5%, Moisture (max) 7.5%, Omega-3 fatty acids (min) 0.37%, Omega-6 fatty acids (min) 4.14%, Calcium (min) 1.00%, Phosphorus (min) 0.39%, Potassium 0.60%, Sodium 0.25%, Chloride 0.10%, Magnesium 0.08%, Vitamin C 70mg/kg, Vitamin E 58.8 IU/kg
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Emeraid is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my herbivore to finish all of the Emeraid Intensive Care Herbivore?
- Herbivores may use Emeraid Intensive Care Herbivore for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
18 total reviews
Rated 5.00 out of 5 stars
100% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
18 5 star reviews
0 4 star reviews
0 3 star reviews
0 2 star reviews
0 1 star reviews
A must have for a Rabbit.From UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Herbivore 400g PowderMaple had stopped eating her pellets. We tried this product, and she loves it. It has helped her weight improve. She's even started to eat some of her pellets again, but still insists she have her "oatmeal".
A must-have dietary supplement for my very picky rabbitFrom UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Herbivore 400g PowderMy rabbit has been on the white EmerAid Intensive Care powder mix for goodness knows how long...it's definitely been probably over 2 years incorporating into her daily diet. It was first prescribed to her before I adopted her since she had a very picky palate and this kept her weight up (I believe it's slightly vanilla flavored? I haven't tasted it to know, however). You simply mix the powder with water to create a pudding/paste-like consistency. She really loves this stuff, and it seems much more palatable to her than Critical Care. Unfortunately this is prescription only and I haven't heard of too many other rabbits being on EmerAid, but if you feel your bun (or other exotic pet) is losing weight, it may be good to talk to your vet about getting a prescription for this. Note, this is the Intensive Care powder. The other one by EmerAid is I think the sustained care or the like, which is not the white powder.
This amazing supplement is a life saverFrom UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Herbivore 400g PowderMy twelve year old rabbit has been struggling with weight for a while. This is the only food supplement that he will take willingly. I call it his pancake treat because the mixture looks and smells exactly like pancake batter. He has gone from 3.6 lbs to 4.1 in the past five weeks.
Bunny GI stasisFrom Flatwoods, KYComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Herbivore 100g PowderThis saved my Bugzy. He went into GI stasis and I was able to get his gut moved again with this amazing product.
Bunny GI StasisFrom UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Herbivore 100g PowderThis saved my bunnies life! Won't ever use anything else!
Biggie Got His MedsFrom UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Herbivore 100g PowderMy exotic pet vet is 2 hours away from my home. In order to get more medication, I would have to go into the vet to pick it up beachside they won't ship it. I did some internet searches and found VetRX. VetRX was easy to use and was very surprised on how fast the process was. I highly recommend VetRX!
Supplement feed that guinea pigs enjoyFrom UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Herbivore 400g PowderFor guinea pigs who are not keen on Critical Care, this is a great alternative. Our guinea pigs take this straight off the syringe, while still in their cage!
EmerAid is helping my bunny.From UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Herbivore 400g PowderIntroduced to EmerAid by a vet. Both the Sustain and IC work very well for my bunnies. One is now solely surviving on the IC mixed with ground oatmeal and an herbal product called Great Greens.
My bunny approves with two paws up!From UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Herbivore 100g PowderMy bunny is very particular about his critical care flavors and textures (this goes with almost everything he eats though). This particular one, the IC Emeraid, is super creamy and doesn't have a strong taste and he loves it. My bunny due to kidney disease needs a little extra help in obtaining nutrition and so giving him some critical care each day helps keep his weight up and the energy boost he needs to move around and get exercise.
Emeraid is Our LifelineFrom UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Herbivore 400g PowderEmeraid Sustain and IC has been our household staple for the past year and a half since our family chinchilla started getting sick. He has lost most of his molars so I have to syringe feed our love 3 times a day with Emeraid. Coonbear Cobe our chinchilla relies on Emeraid. Thank you for saving our Cobe Bear!!
Displaying Reviews 1 - 10
Q & A
Hi! What's the expiration date of the product??
Our stock generally turns over fairly rapidly. The expiration dating of prescription orders is checked by pharmacists and technicians. If you have specific concerns about a particular product before you order, you can contact our pharmacy technicians via email at [email protected]Verified Answer
I didn't know that mixed food could not be used later in the day. What will happen to my rabbit if he's eaten old food??
It is recommended to use EmerAid Intensive Care Herbivore within 30 minutes of preparation because it does not contain preservatives, and is susceptible to bacteria growth.Verified Answer
Do I have to have a prescription from a vet to order this product from you??
Emeraid Intensive Care Herbivore does require a prescription authorization from a veterinarian.Verified Answer
Hi. Good day. Do you ship to Mexico??
Due to pharmacy law, we are unable to ship outside of the United States.Verified Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 4