What are Diltiazem Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
- Diltiazem is a prescription medication called a calcium channel blocker that works by relaxing the muscles of the heart and blood vessels to help the heart work more efficiently.
Why do cats and dogs use Diltiazem?
- Diltiazem is used in the treatment of heart conditions such as hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, high blood pressure (hypertension), and certain heart rhythm disorders.
- If your pet has been diagnosed with a heart condition, your veterinarian may prescribe a medication like Diltiazem.
What else should I know about Diltiazem?
- Your veterinarian will need to monitor your dog or cat while they are taking Diltiazem. These follow-up appointments are important.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Diltiazem?
- A common side effect for cats is vomiting.
- Other side effects include poor appetite, diarrhea, and a slower heart rate.
How do you use Diltiazem?
- Be sure to give all the doses prescribed. It is important not to miss a dose.
- Diltiazem may be given with or without food. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
What is in Diltiazem?
- Diltiazem is a calcium channel blocker that works by relaxing the muscles of the heart and blood vessels to help the heart work more efficiently.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Diltiazem is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Diltiazem?
- Dogs and cats may use Diltiazem for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.