What are Cyproheptadine Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
- Cyproheptadine is a prescription antihistamine medication for pets used for various disorders.
Why do cats and dogs use Cyproheptadine?
- Cyproheptadine is commonly used to stimulate cats to eat and as an anti-itching or allergy medicine in dogs and cats.
- It can also be used for other disorders, as recommended by a veterinarian.
- Cyproheptadine is most commonly used in dogs and cats because it effects seratonin release.
What else should I know about Cyproheptadine?
- Cyproheptadine may be used as an appetite stimulant or as a treatment for certain toxicities.
- If being used as an antihistamine, Cyproheptadine works best when given regularly. It helps most when given before exposure to allergens.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Cyproheptadine?
- Cyproheptadine can cause drowsiness. This may lessen or time.
- Cats may become overly excited when taking Cyproheptadine.
- The other main side effects include urinary retention, dry mouth, and dry eyes.
- Cyproheptadine should be used cautiously in pets with bladder neck obstruction, severe cardiac failure, glaucoma, or pyloroduodenal obstruction.
- Cyproheptadine interacts with other medications. Be sure to talk to your veterianrian about all the supplements you are giving your dog or cat.
How do you use Cyproheptadine?
- Cyproheptadine may be given with or without food. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
What is in Cyproheptadine?
- The drug Cyproheptadine is an antihistamine and an anti-seratonin agent.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Cyproheptadine is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Cyproheptadine?
- Dogs and cats may use Cyproheptadine for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.