What is Cyclavance for Dogs?
- Cyclavance is a prescription medication used for the treatment of atopic dermatitis in dogs.
- Cyclavance contains cyclosporine, an immune-modulating drug that works by suppressing the immune system's response to allergic skin conditions.
Why is Cyclavance Used for Dogs?
- Cyclavance is prescribed to relieve the inflammation and itching associated with atopic dermatitis or other skin conditions in dogs.
- Cyclavance selectively acts on the immune cells involved in the allergic reaction.
- It may also be prescribed in the treatment of certain immune system disorders in dogs.
What else should I know about Cyclavance?
- Cyclavance should only be given to dogs.
- This medication is an immunosuppressant that may increase the susceptibility to infection.
What problems could my dog have with Cyclavance?
- Vomiting, reduced appetite, and diarrhea are the most common side effects. These signs usually get better on their own, but if they are severe or persistent, contact your veterinarian.
- Contact your veterinarian immediately if you notice signs indicating an infection.
How do you use Cyclavance?
- Cyclavance should be given at least one hour before or two hours after a meal.
- Do not eat, drink, smoke, or use smokeless tobacco while handling CYCLAVANCE.
- Wear gloves when administering this medication and wash hands after.
- Pregnant women should handle this drug very carefully.
- Do not rinse or clean the oral dosing syringe between uses.
- CYCLAVANCE should be stored and dispensed in the original container at temperatures between 68-86°F (20-30°C).
- Do not refrigerate because a precipitate may be observed below 68°F (20°C).
- Once opened, use within 12 weeks.
What is in Cyclavance?
- Cyclosporine is the active ingredient in Cyclavance.
- Cyclavance is an oral solution of cyclosporine that lowers the immune response.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Cyclavance is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.