What is Cosequin for Cats?
- Cosequin is a tasty supplement to help your cat maintain healthy joints and cartilage.
- As cats age, it is common for their joints to become less flexible, which impacts their mobility and quality of life.
- Cosequin combines glucosamine, chondroitin, manganese, and Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Cosequin for cats also includes Boswellia for bladder support.
Why do cats use Cosequin?
- Designed exclusively for cats.
- Supports mobility and flexibility.
- Promotes joint and tissue health.
- Contains glucosamine and chondroitin.
- Tasty flavored sprinkle capsules or soft chews.
What else should I know about Cosequin?
- Store capsules at room temperature.
- Store soft chews in a cool, dry area out of direct sunlight.
- Reseal soft chew bag completely to ensure freshness after opening.
What problems could my cat have with Cosequin?
- Talk to your veterinarian before giving Cosequin.
How do you use Cosequin?
- Give as directed by your veterinarian.
Cosequin Sprinkle Capsules for Cats
- This product is in a capsule to ensure an accurate amount is given to your cat.
- Capsules can be sprinkled over food or "pilled."
- If your cat eats dry food, the food may be moistened with a small amount of water so that the powder sticks. Alternatively, the contents of the capsules may be mixed with a small amount (i.e., tablespoon) of wet or moist food to ensure your cat eats the entire amount.
- Manufacturer's suggested use for initial 4 to 6 weeks: Cats under 10 lbs, 1 capsule sprinkled on food daily. Cats over 10 lbs, 2 capsules sprinkled on food daily.
- Manufacturer's suggested use for maintenance: Once desired response is obtained, capsules may be given every other day for maintenance. Number of capsules given may be increased at any time depending on your cat’s needs.
- Manufacturer's suggested use for initial 4 to 6 weeks: Cats under 10 lbs, 2 soft chews daily. Cats over 10 lbs, 4 soft chews daily.
- Manufacturer's suggested use for maintenance: Cats under 10 lbs, 1 soft chew daily. Cats over 10 lbs, 2 soft chews daily.
What is in Cosequin?
Cosequin Sprinkle Capsules for Cats
- Active ingredients per capsule: Glucosamine Hydrochloride 125 mg, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate (from bovine cartilage) 100 mg, Manganese (manganese ascorbate) 1 mg.
- Inactive ingredients: FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #3, gelatin, magnesium stearate, natural flavor, and titanium dioxide (color).
- Active ingredients per 2 soft chews: Glucosamine Hydrochloride 125 mg, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate 100 mg, Total Omega 3's 30 mg (EPA 15 mg and DHA 10 mg).
- Inactive ingredients: Fish oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), glycerin, mixed tocopherols (preservative), natural flavor, rosemary extract, silicon dioxide, starch, vegetable oil, and yeast extract.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Cosequin is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my cat to finish all of the Cosequin?
- Cats may use Cosequin for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Most Liked Positive Review
Seems to work for my arthritic kitty
Most Liked Negative Review
Product is okay, but takes a long time to see a difference.
Great!From UndisclosedComments about Cosequin for Cats 60 Tasty SOFT Chews
My cat loves these chews.From UndisclosedComments about Cosequin for Cats 60 Tasty SOFT Chews
Vet RecommendedFrom UndisclosedComments about Cosequin for Cats 80 Sprinkle Capsules
This medication really helps my furbabiesFrom UndisclosedComments about Cosequin for Cats
Helpful for cats with arthritisFrom UndisclosedComments about Cosequin for Cats 80 Sprinkle Capsules
Good supplement.From UndisclosedComments about Cosequin for Cats
Pep up the catsFrom UndisclosedComments about Cosequin for Cats
I would buy this againFrom UndisclosedComments about Cosequin for Cats
His favorite treatFrom UndisclosedComments about Cosequin for Cats
Toby recommends!From UndisclosedComments about Cosequin for Cats
Q & A
Do you carry a feline cosequin that can be used on a diabetic cat? The DVM Feline Joint Gel by Bayer raised his blood sugar so I am looking for another product.?
The manufacturer stated that they do not have data on if Cosequin for Cats soft chews and sprinkle capsules could increase blood sugar levels. They stated that there is no added sugars in either product. Please consult your veterinarian regarding any further questions or concerns regarding this medication in your cat.Verified Answer
The description on the web page states that this formula includes Omega 3 Fatty Acids but I do not see that listed on the package insert. Does this formula contain Glucosamine, Chondroitin and Manganese, plus Omega 3s??
The manufacturer states that the Cosequin soft chews does contain Omega-3 with 15mg of EPA and 10mg of DHA, but the sprinkle capsules do not have Omega-3. Both the soft chews and sprinkle capsules have glucosamine, chondroitin, and manganese which is listed on the product insert located here: https://vetrxdirect.cvpservice.com/product/basic/view/1291004?prodnum=1291004Verified Answer
Hello, I give Cosequin for Cats to my 10 year old Persian cat, every day to build up a gel layer in her bladder because she has interstitial cystitis (unknown bladder irritation). She was just diagnosed with mild hperthyroidism and takes methimazole (for thyroid) and benazepril (for blood pressure). My concern is that the Cosequin's glucosamine is derived from shellfish (shellfish is high in iodine) and I don't want to be "adding" iodine to her system (I know a lot of food has iodine in it). Appreciate you help. Thanks?
VetRxDirect has contacted the manufacturer of the product but have not received an answer regarding this question on iodine content. At this time, we recommend that you contact the manufacturer or discuss this with your veterinarian.Verified Answer
My kit katt is18 years old. My vet said after xrsys that he believed her to be cancer spots at her back feet joint areas. I have added cosewuin to her diet for the last 2 months. I was going to do a dose every other day , my question is is it OK to continue her on a daily dose??
Cosequin for cats is dosed daily for 4 to 6 weeks for joint health. Dosing for this medication is weight based. According to the manufacturer, once the desired effect is obtained, Cosequin may be dosed every other day. Dose may be increased at any time to meet the needs of the cat. Cosequin is not indicated to treat pain associated with cancer. Please consult your veterinarian to ensure that your cat receives appropriate treatment for her joints. Thank you, VetRxDirectVerified Answer
Is this safe for cats with IBD. Does this hurt their tummy or make symptoms of the IBD worse??
Cosequin is a nonprescription supplement used to potentially improve joint health in felines. This supplement is generally well tolerated with minimal adverse effects. The most commonly observed adverse effects included minor gastrointestinal irritation, including flatulence (gas) and soft stools. It is not known if Cosequin will worsen symptoms of IBD. Contact your veterinarian prior to beginning this supplement to determine if Cosequin would be appropriate for your cat.. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer