What are Cosequin Double Strength (DS) Chewable Tablets for Dogs?
- Cosequin DS – Double Strength – is a nutritional supplement containing an exclusive double strength formula of glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate to help maintain your dog’s joint health.
- Cosequin DS is formulated to preserve joint health and function, as well as help mobility for dogs of all sizes.
- With glucosamine, chondroitin, and manganese, Cosequin Double Strength (DS) helps prevent the breakdown of cartilage and daily wear and tear to tissue and joints.
- Flavored chewable tablets allow for easy administration.
Why do dogs use Cosequin DS Chewable Tablets?
- Supports joint health and function.
- May protect cartilage breakdown.
- Promotes mobility.
- Contains glucosamine and chondroitin.
- Easy to dose, tasty chewable tablets.
What else should I know about Cosequin DS Chewable Tablets?
- Store at room temperature with bottle tightly closed.
What problems could my dog have with Cosequin DS Chewable Tablets?
- Consult your veterinarian before starting to give Cosequin DS Chewable Tablets.
How do you use Cosequin DS Chewable Tablets?
- Give as directed by your veterinarian.
- Manufacturer's suggested use for the initial 4 to 6 weeks: Dogs 10 to 24 lbs, 1 tablet daily. Dogs 25 to 49 lbs, 2 tablets daily. Dogs 50 to 100 lbs, 3 tablets daily. Dogs over 100 lbs, 4 tablets daily.
- Manufacturer's suggested use for maintenance: Dogs 10 to 24 lbs, 1/2 tablet daily. Dogs 25 to 49 lbs, 1 tablet daily. Dogs 50 to 100 lbs, 1 to 2 tablets daily. Dogs over 100 lbs, 2 tablets daily.
What is in Cosequin DS Chewable Tablets?
- Active ingredients per tablet: Glucosamine Hydrochloride 500 mg, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate (from bovine cartilage) 400 mg, Manganses (manganese ascorbate) 3 mg.
- Inactive ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, natural and artificial flavors, and silicon dioxide.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Cosequin is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog to finish all of the Cosequin DS Chewable Tablets?
- Dogs may use Cosequin DS Chewable Tablets for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
I will buy this again!From UndisclosedComments about Cosequin DS Chewable Tablets
Hip dysplasia in check with this productFrom Mpls MNComments about Cosequin DS Chewable Tablets
Q & A
What are the side effects of cosequin DS? Could it cause an urgent need to urinate or make the frequency to urinate more??
Debbie, The manufacturer reports that Cosequin DS chewables are typically well tolerated and adverse effects are uncommon when the product is used appropriately. Stomach upset may occur but usually is mild. Frequent urination is not reported so we recommend contacting your veterinarian regarding this observed symptom to determine the cause. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
What poundage are the Cosequin DS chewable tabs? and what flavor?
Arlene, The dosage information for the Cosequin DS chewable tablets is as follows: Dog’s Weight NUMBER OF TABLETS Initial 4 to 6 Week Administration Period Maintenance Level 10-24 lbs.* 1 daily (1/2 in the morning & 1/2 in the evening) *(under 10 lbs, 1/2 daily) 1/2 daily (tablets are scored) 25-49 lbs. 2 daily (1 in the morning & 1 in the evening) 1 daily 50-100 lbs. 3 daily (2 in the morning & 1 in the evening) 1-2 daily Over 100 lbs. 4 daily (2 in the morning & 2 in the evening) 2 daily And the flavoring of the tablets is not listed on the packaging, however, the ingredients are: Glucosamine hydrochloride (derived from shellfish), sodium chondroitin sulfate (derived from bovine cartilage), microcrystalline cellulose, artificial roast beef flavor, manganese ascorbate, natural and artificial cheese flavor, mixed glycosaminoglycans, dried brewers yeast, magnesium stearate, and natural garlic flavor. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer