What are Clomipramine Hydrochloride Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
- Clomipramine is a prescription oral medication prescribed to treat behavioral problems in dogs and cats.
- In dogs, Clomipramine is used to treat obsessive-compulsive behavior, separation anxiety, or dominance aggression.
- In cats, Clomipramine may be prescribed to prevent urine marking or spraying, inter-cat aggression, and compulsive grooming.
Why do cats and dogs use Clomipramine?
- Clomipramine is commonly prescribed to treat separation anxiety in dogs and may be used to treat other behavioral disorders.
- When used with behavior modification, Clomipramine may relieve behaviors such as inappropriate aggression, destructive behavior, inappropriate urination, or defecation.
What else should I know about Clomipramine?
- Beef flavored tablets for easier dosing.
- Clomipramine should be used as part of a comprehensive behavioral management program to treat separation anxiety in dogs greater than six months of age.
- It may take up to 8 weeks to determine if the Clomipramine is working.
What problems could my dog have with Clomipramine?
- Sleepiness, dry mouth, and constipation are the most common side effects.
- Be sure your dog has access to plenty of water while taking Clomipramine.
- Rare, but serious, side effects include abnormal bleeding, fever, seizures, fast heartbeat, or irregular heartbeat. Contact your veterinarian immediately if you see any of these signs.
- Overdoses can be serious. Keep Clomipramine out of reach of children and other animals.
- Do not use a flea or tick collar on your dog while giving Clomipramine without first talking to your veterinarian.
How do you use Clomipramine?
- Clomipramine may be given with or without food. Give it as directed by your veterinarian.
What is in Clomipramine?
- Clomipramine is a tricyclic antidepressant that affects certain chemical processes in the brain, including serotonin.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Clomipramine tablets are sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog to finish all of the Clomipramine?
- Dogs and cats may use Clomipramine for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
No Reviews Yet
Q & A
Can the 40 mg be cut in half??
Clomipramine 40mg tablets are scored and may be cut in half. Please consult your veterinarian regarding any further questions or concerns regarding this medication.Verified Answer