What are ClinTabs Tablets for Dogs?
- ClinTabs are a prescription oral medication for dogs that contains clindamycin, a lincosamide type antibiotic that kills certain types of susceptible bacteria.
Why do cats and dogs use ClinTabs?
- Clindamycin is commonly prescribed to treat dogs with a variety of bacterial infections such as dental infections, skin infections, deep wounds, abscesses, infections of the bone, or osteomyelitis.
What else should I know about ClinTabs?
What problems could my dog or cat have with ClinTabs?
- Clindamycin should not be given to horses, rabbits, mice, rats, guinea pigs, cattle, sheep, goats, or deer. They may develop fatal diarrhea from taking Clindamycin.
- Clindamycin has a bitter taste that may need to be masked to get your dog or cat to take it.
How do you use ClinTabs?
- Clindamycin may be given with or without food. Clindamycin may burn the throat if it is not given with a small amouth of food or water. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
What is in ClinTabs?
- The drug in ClinTabs is Clindamycin.
- Clindamycin is a lincosamide antibiotic that works against certain types of bacteria.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- ClinTabs is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the ClinTabs?
- ClinTabs contain an antibiotic. Resistance is a major concern when using antibiotics. To help avoid resistance, it is important for you to use this for as long as your veterinarian has prescribed, even if you dog or cat is looking and feeling better.
small portionFrom UndisclosedComments about Clintabs (clindamycin)
Q & A
Hello, approximately what size is the tablet. Also, is this a prescription medication? thank you, laurie?
According to the manufacturer, the Clintab 25 mg tablet is 6 mm in diameter and the 150 mg tablet is 10 mm in diameter. Yes, this medication requires a prescription. Please contact your veterinarian to determine if this product is appropriate for your dog.Verified Answer