Clemastine (Rx) Rx
What are Clemastine Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
- Clemastine is a prescription antihistamine medication commonly used in the treatment and prevention of allergies.
- Antihistamines work by blocking histamine, a substance produced during an allergic reaction or sensitivity.
Why do cats and dogs use Clemastine?
- If your pet has been diagnosed with allergies or suffers from allergy like symptoms, your veterinarian may prescribe an antihistamine such as clemastine.
What else should I know about Clemastine?
- This medication helps relieve the symptoms associated with allergies, and is not a treatment to eliminate them.
- Antihistamines should be given on a regular basis as they work better exposure to allergens like pollen.
- These tablets contain only Clemastine, and not any ingredients such as decongestants or pain relievers that may be toxic to dogs and cats.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Clemastine?
- Clemastine may cause sleepiness. This effect may reduce over time.
- Cats may develop diarrhea while taking Clemastine.
How do you use Clemastine?
- Clemastine may be given with or without food. Follow your veterinarian's recommendations.
What is in Clemastine?
- Clemastine is an antihistamine. Antihistamines stop the release of histamine, which causes itchiness in reaction to exposure to allergens.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Clemastine is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Clemastine?
- Dogs and cats may use Clemastine for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.