What are Cimetidine (Generic Tagamet) Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
- Cimetidine is a prescription medication that is used to treat or prevent stomach ulcers.
- Cimetidine may also be used to treat gastritis or reflux.
Why is Cimetidine used for cats and dogs?
- Cimetidine reduces the output of gastric acid by inhibiting histamine. This eases symptoms and helps ulcers heal.
What else should I know about Cimetidine?
- Cimetidine is available as an over-the-counter medication, but it is highly recommended to give it to your dog or cat only under the advice of your veterinarian.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Cimetidine?
- Cimetidine interacts with many other medications. Make sure your veterinarian is aware of all medications and over-the-counter products your dog or cat is using.
- Cats typically do not like the taste of Cimetidine liquid and may drool excessively after it is given.
How do you use Cimetidine?
- Cimetidine is usually given 30 minutes before a meal, and often needs to be given two to four times daily. Follow your veterinarian's instructions.
What is in Cimetidine?
- Cimetidine is an antacid and a Histamine-2 blocker.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Cimetidine is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Cimetidine?
- Dogs and cats may use Cimetidine for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.