What is Baytril Otic for Dogs and Cats?
- Ear infections can make your pup miserable. Baytril Otic can help. Baytril Otic is prescribed by veterinarians to ease the pain and discomfort due to bacterial and fungal infections of the ear.
- Baytril Otic combines enrofloxacin, a broad-spectrum antibiotic that fights bacteria, with silver sulfadiazine, which is effective against many types of fungal (yeast) infections to create one powerful, fast-acting treatment.
Why do cats and dogs use Baytril Otic?
- Veterinarians prescribe Baytril Otic for dogs and cats with ear infections, or “otitis externa.” This medication is particularly effective because it’s active against infections caused by bacteria and yeast.
What else should I know about Baytril Otic?
- The water-based emulsion does not contain steroids.
- A dropper top bottle makes it easy to administer the drops in your pet’s ear.
- Treats ear infections in dogs.
- Effective against fungal and bacterial infections.
- Non-steroidal treatment.
- Dropper top bottle for easy application.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Baytril Otic?
- Use with caution in dogs with broken ear drums.
- Baytril Otic may cause cartilage abnormalities in your animals.
How do you use Baytril Otic?
- Apply into your dog's ears as directed by your veterinarian.
- Shake well before use.
- Clean and dry ears before use.
- People with allergies to quinolones or sulfonamides should be careful or avoid handling Baytril Otic.
What is in Baytril Otic?
- One active ingredient, enrofloxacin, is a broad-spectrum fluoroquinolone antibiotic effective against a range of infections.
- Enrofloxacin interferes with the DNA of bacteria and kills the organism.
- Baytril Otic also includes silver sulfadiazine, which is effective against many types of fungal or yeast infections.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Baytril is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Baytril Otic?
- Baytril Otic contains an antibiotic. Resistance is a major concern when using antibiotics. To help avoid resistance, it is important for you to use this for as long as your veterinarian has prescribed, even if you dog or cat is looking and feeling better.
Great for my dogs ear infectionFrom UndisclosedComments about Baytril Otic 15mL
Great to haveFrom UndisclosedComments about Baytril Otic
Q & A
Why is this product out of stock? Where is it made? What company produces it??
Baytril Otic is manufactured by Bayer in Kansas, United States. This product is currently backordered from the manufacturer, and currently we do not have any information as to when or if this product is expected to come back in stock. You may consider checking with a local pharmacy, or speaking with your veterinarian about another treatment option for your pet.Verified Answer
How many drops in the ear for an infection for a 15 pound dog?
The dosage of this medication varies based on the severity of the condition it is prescribed to treat. Please consult with your veterinarian. They will be able to determine the appropriate dosage for your dog.Verified Answer
how many drops total in each 15ML bottle are there? My dog is being prescribed 100 drops a day. So how many drops does each 15ML bottle contain??
Please consult your veterinarian for proper dosing. A dose of 100 drops a day is higher than typically seen at our pharmacy.Verified Answer
Is Baytril ointment safe to use on a guinea pig who has a ulcer or possibly tumor. The vet shaved the area and the instructions are to wash the area twice daily and apply the Baytril ointment.?
Baytril is a medication that is commonly used to treat bacterial and/or fungal infections in the ear. The veterinarian would have determined the type of infection, if present, and the drug(s) that are able to treat or prevent the infection. We recommend following the veterinarian’s instructions and to contact your veterinarian for further advice regarding this therapy. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
What is the recommended dosage of baytril for 100 lb dog?We had this previously from our vet but it was mixed in with the Trizultra + keto flush.?
Charlotte, We apologize, but we are unable to answer dose specific questions. It's best to contact your dog's veterinarian and schedule an examination. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer