What are Anipryl Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
- Anipryl is prescription medication that contains selegiline hydrochloride.
- Selegiline is a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI).
- It helps to regulate sleep-wake cycles, activity levels, behaviors, and other symptoms associated with cognitive dysfunction.
Why do cats and dogs use Anipryl?
- Selegiline is commonly used to control symptoms of canine cognitive dysfunction and certain types of Cushing’s disease.
- Anipryl works by blocking certain chemicals in the brain.
What else should I know about Anipryl?
- It is important to discuss any changes to diet, snacks, or flea and tick treatments with your veterinarian while giving Selegiline.
- It may take several weeks for you to see if Selegiline is working.
- Are you looking for generic Selegiline tablets or capsules?
What problems could my dog or cat have with Anipryl?
- Anipryl is not recommended for other behavior problems such as aggression.
- Selegiline may cause GI problems such as vomiting, diarrhea, lack of appetite, or drooling.
How do you use Anipryl?
- Selegiline can be given with or without food.
- Dogs usually take Selegiline in the morning, and cats most often take it in the evening. Follow your veterinarian's directions for how to give the medication.
What is in Anipryl?
- The drug in Anipryl is Selegiline.
- Selegiline is a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI). MAOIs were the first kind of antidepressant developed.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Anipryl is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Anipryl?
- Dogs and cats may use Anipryl for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Helps depressionFrom Dallas, TexasComments about Anipryl (selegiline)
Very fast shippingFrom IowaComments about Anipryl (selegiline)
What a Blessing!From Marysville, WA, USAComments about Anipryl (selegiline)
Q & A
how do we know which dosage to order for our 15 year old fur kid??
The dose of selegiline will vary based on your pets weight and condition being treated. To determine what dose you will need and if selegiline is appropriate for your pet, please speak to your veterinarian.Verified Answer
what are the side effects for this drug? My 12 year old dog has cushions, complicated by diabetes and is very under-weight and keeps loosing weight.?
According to the manufacturer, the most common side effects of this medication in dogs include vomiting, diarrhea, and hyperactive/restlessness. In a study conducted by the manufacturer, anorexia was reported in 8% of the dogs taking this medication. Contact your veterinarian to determine if this medication is appropriate for your dog or if you have further questions or concerns.Verified Answer