Animax Ointment for Topical Use on Dogs and Cats
(nystatin + thiostrepton + neomycin + triamcinolone)
Give your cat or dog fast, easy relief from painful and itchy ear infections, skin ailments, and other disorders with economical Animax (the generic form of Panalog.) The active ingredients are effective against a wide range of bacteria, fungi, and yeast.
- Combines anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-itch medications in one convenient prescription
- Kills harmful organisms and provides quick symptom relief
- Effectively treats a range of ailments
- Easy to apply ointment for the skin or ears
Bacterial, yeast and fungal infections can cause persistent and uncomfortable ear and skin infections in dogs and cats. Prescription Animax offers powerful combination therapy to treat and soothe your pet. This ointment blends: nystatin, an antifungal; the antibiotics neomycin and thiostrepton; and triamcinolone, a corticosteroid. The ointment is also effective in treating interdigital cysts (between the toes) and anal gland infections.
What you should know about Animax:
- Prescribed for cats and dogs
- Clean and dry the infected area before application and remove excessive hair
- Follow dosing directions exactly - don’t give your pet more medication than directed and don’t skip doses.
- Read the label carefully for information about storage, possible side effects, and drug interactions.
Resistance is a major concern when giving antibiotics. Resistance occurs when bacteria survive and mutate and are then able to survive even after antibiotics are given. To help avoid any resistance, it is important to give antibiotics as they are prescribed for as long as they are prescribed even if your pet is looking and feeling better.