What are Amoxicillin Capsules for Cats and Dogs?
- Amoxicillin is prescription antibiotic medication used to treat a wide variety of infections in dogs, cats, and other animals.
- Amoxicillin is a broad spectrum, penicillin-type antibiotic that kills certain types of bacteria.
Why do cats and dogs use Amoxicillin?
- Amoxicillin may be prescribed by a veterinarian to treat urinary and gastrointestinal tract infections, respiratory infections, skin and soft tissue infections including wounds, abscesses, cellulitis, dermatitis, and pyoderma.
What else should I know about Amoxicillin?
- Amoxicillin is a critically important antibiotic. Be sure to give Amoxicillin for as long as your veterinarian has prescribed it, even if your dog or cat looks and acts better.
- Be careful handling Amoxicillin if you are allergic to penicillin.
- Rabbits, chinchillas, guinea pigs, hamsters, and rodents may develop life-threatening diarrhea if given Amoxicillin.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Amoxicillin?
- Amoxicillin can be given with or without food. Your veterinarian may recommend giving the Amoxicillin with food to help avoid stomach upset.
How do you use Amoxicillin?
- Give Amoxicillin capsules by mouth as directed by your veterinarinan.
What is in Amoxicillin?
- The active ingredient is the drug Amoxicillin, a broad spectrum, penicillin-type antibiotic that kills certain types of bacteria.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Amoxicillin is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Amoxicillin?
- Amoxicillin is an antibiotic. Resistance is a major concern when using antibiotics. To help avoid resistance, it is important for you to use this for as long as your veterinarian has prescribed, even if you dog or cat is looking and feeling better.
Go VetRxDirect !From undisclosedComments about Amoxicillin
Q & A
My cat is on 50mg of amoxi a day. Its 1/2 tablet 2 times a day?
I have a bottle of ammoxailin that the dr. gave for me. they are 500mg pills. can I give these to my 2 cats who may have a respitory problem? and at what dosage? they weigh 16 lbs. a piece. they have been sneezing for a month now and runny noses. also congested.?
Please contact your veterinarian regarding the appropriate treatment for your cats.Verified Answer
Can the granules in the capsules be sprinkled onto food, or will that affect the taste of the food? I don't think (from past experience) that I can successfully 'hide' the capsule in a treat, etc.?
Amoxicillin is an antibiotic that can be used for a variety of infections in many different species. It is important to give the exact amount prescribed and only as often as directed. Less than directed dose can lead to drug resistance and suboptimal treatment outcome. The intact capsule shell will mask the taste of the powder. If the capsule is opened, it is important that all of the powder is consumed or you will not be able to tell the dose of medication your pet recieved. Please contact your veterinarian regarding the best option for you pet. Thank you, VetRxDirectVerified Answer
Can human being take this medicine??
Min, Amoxicillin is a human medication that is also used in veterinary pharmacy. If your physician prescribes this medication for you, it should be taken according to their dosing instructions. However, VetRxDirect cannot dispense for human use, as we are only licensed to dispense for veterinary use, and can only dispense prescription medications with authorization from a licensed United States veterinarian. Thnak you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
BLACK LAB HAS YEAST INFECTION IN EARS LOST HEEARING WHAT CAN I GIVE HIM TO CLEAR IT UP AND COULD HIS HEARING COM E BACK.?
Wally, We're sorry, but we are unable to make product recommendations. It is best to have your pet's veterinarian exam your dog's ears to find the best pet meds to help clear up the infection. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer