Amlodipine Besylate Rx
What are Amlodipine Besylate Tablets for Cats and Dogs?
- Amlodipine Besylate is a precription medication used to treat high blood pressure in cats and dogs.
- Amlodipine is a calcium channel-blocker medication that dilates the blood vessels to improve blood flow.
Why do cats and dogs use Amlodipine Besylate?
- Amlodipine Besylate is prescribed to treat high blood pressure in dogs and cats.
- It may be precribed to lower blood pressure in dogs with chronic kidney disease.
What else should I know about Amlodipine Besylate?
- High blood pressure may return if your cat or dog misses a dose.
- Amlodipine Besylate can be given with or without food.
- Are you looking for Amlodipine Besylate capsules, suspensions, or transdermal gels?
What problems could my dog or cat have with Amlodipine Besylate?
- Side effects are not common.
- When first given, Amlodipine Besylate may reduce appetite and cause low blood pressure.
- One side effect in dogs may be the overgrowth of the gums.
- Always contact your veterinarian if you have any concerns after you start to give a medication.
How do you use Amlodipine Besylate?
- Amlodipine Besylate tablets should be given by mouth as directed by your veterinarian.
What is in Amlodipine Besylate?
- The active ingredient is the drug Amlodipine Besylate.
- Amlodipine Besylate is a calcium channel blocker. Calcium helps arteries contract. Calcium channel blockers help arteries relax.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Amlodipine Besylate is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Amlodipine Besylate?
- Dogs and cats may use this product for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.