What is Allermyl Shampoo for Dogs and Cats?
- Allermyl Shampoo is a medicated shampoo for cats and dogs with allergic skin conditions.
- Allermyl is designed for dogs and cats with sensitive and itchy skin.
- Allermyl shampoo provides natural anti-inflammatory agents, mild cleansing agents, and essential fatty acids.
Why is Allermyl used for dogs and cats?
- Allermyl Shampoo may help manage allergic skin conditions.
- Allermyl soothes, moisturizes, and may alleviate itching and irritation of the skin.
- It may help maintain the natural skin barrier integrity and microbial balance.
What else should I know about Allermyl?
- Allermyl is a foaming microemulsion that delivers the ingredients right to your dog's or cat's skin.
- It contains piroctone olamine to promote a healthy microbial balance in animals with allergic skin conditions.
- Allermyl is fragrance-free.
- Store at controlled room temperature 59°-86°F (15°-30°C).
What problems could my dog or cat have with Allermyl?
- Consult with your veterinarian before applying this product.
- If undue skin irritation develops or increases, discontinue use and consult a veterinarian.
- Avoid contact with eyes or mucous membranes. In case of contact, flush eyes with water and seek medical attention if irritation persists.
How do you use Allermyl?
- Shake well before use.
- Wet the hair coat with water and apply a thin line of shampoo from the base of the neck to the base of the tail. Massage shampoo over pet's body to ensure good contact with the skin. Allow to remain on hair coat for 5 to 10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with clean water and repeat.
- Alermyl may be used initially 2 to 3 times a week for 4 weeks, then reduce to once a week, or as directed by your veterinarian.
- Wash hands after using.
What is in Allermyl?
- Active Ingredients: Piroctone Olamine 0.5% w/w.
- Inactive Ingredients: Alkylpolyglucoside, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Coco-Betaine, d-Galactose, d-Mannose, Disodium EDTA, l-Rhamnose, Laureth-2, Methylpropanediol, PEG-90 Glyceryl Isostearate, Peumus boldus Leaf Extract, Purified Water, Skin Lipid Complex (Ceramides, Fatty acids), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Spiraea ulmaria Extract, Vitamin F, Xanthan Gum.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Allermyl is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Treating hookwormsFrom UndisclosedComments about Allermyl Shampoo 114mg/114mg, per Tablet
Treating hookwormsFrom UndisclosedComments about Allermyl Shampoo
Get Rid Of Allergies !From UndisclosedComments about Allermyl Shampoo
This is a good product.From UndisclosedComments about Allermyl Shampoo
This product gets the job done at a reasonable price.From undisclosedComments about Allermyl Shampoo
works greatFrom Big Wells, TX, USAComments about Allermyl Shampoo
fast and effectiveFrom North Carolina, USAComments about Allermyl Shampoo
Q & A
What will happen if my dog was given 2 doses of Virbantel on the same day? i.e. 4 tablets instead of 2 tablets?
If you witness or suspect your dog has an overdose of this medication, please contact your veterinarian immediately.Verified Answer
Is this a daily treatment? If not, how often is a tablet given??
Virbantel is designed as a single dose treatment to kill certain intestinal parasites. If the infection is not fully taken care of, your veterinarian may recommend a secondary dose can be given 2-4 weeks. Your veterinarian will determine a regular deworming schedule for your pet after the initial dose.Verified Answer
Is this product really, really fragrance free? I have severe allergies and cannot tolerate the shampoo currently used by my vet on my kitty. I would like to buy your product to take with me the next time I have my cat groomed.?
Danny, The labeling on Allermyl shampoo indicates that it is dye- and fragrance-free. The intended purpose of the shampoo is to help manage allergic skin conditions on dogs and cats, not necessarily airborne allergens; though it may be beneficial in that respect as well, there is no information provided. If you are interested in the most current ingredient information, the manufacturer, Virbac, can be contacted at (800) 338-3659. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
could heart guard and verbantel given within a couple of days of each other cause poisoning or severe liver reaction?
Barbara, Virbantel and Heartgard Plus are generally safe and would not cause poisoning separately or together. Both products contain pyrantel, which has a very wide margin of safety. Heartgard also contains ivermectin which is very safe. Virbantel also contains praziquantel which is also very safe. It is always a good idea to separate treatments like these by several days or weeks if possible. Any medicine can cause idiosyncratic (rare) reactions. Ask your pet's veterinarian about other questions regarding these medications. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer