Advantage Multi for Dogs Rx
What is Advantage Multi for Dogs?
- Advantage Multi for Dogs is a prescription, topical treatment that prevents heartworm disease, kills adult fleas, sarcoptic mange mites, and intestinal parasites.
- Advantage Multi is a broad-spectrum treatment applied once a month.
- It contains two active ingredients, moxidectin and imidacloprid.
Why is Advantage Multi used for dogs?
- Advantage Multi protects dogs against heartworm disease by killing the immature heartworm larvae.
- It also kills adult fleas, hookworms, roundworms, and roundworms.
- Advantage Multi treats and controls sarcoptic mange.
What else should I know about Advantage Multi?
- Advantage Multi is for dogs and puppies 7 weeks of age and older and weighing at least 3 lbs.
- Advantage Multi is sold as a prescription drug in a maximum of a 12 month supply per dog per year. To buy the same size for more than one dog, add the total of what you need to the cart. You can split the amount to different dogs in checkout.
- Most veterinarians require, and the American Heartworm Society recommends an annual heartworm test before prescribing Advantage Multi heartworm preventive for your dog.
- Store at room temperatures between 4°C (39°F) and 25°C (77°F), avoiding excess heat or cold.
- Do not use on cats.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water after handling.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Advantage Multi?
- Do not get this product in the dog’s mouth or eyes.
- Do not allow the dog to lick the application site for 30 minutes.
- Do not apply to irritated skin.
- In households with multiple pets, keep pets separated to prevent licking of the application site.
- Ingestion of this product by dogs may cause serious adverse reactions.
- Stiff, matted hair or a damp appearance of the hair, pink skin, or a slight powdery residue may be observed at the application site on some dogs. This is temporary and does not affect the safety and effectiveness of the product.
- Shampooing 90 minutes after treatment does not reduce the effectiveness of Advantage Multi in preventing heartworm disease.
- Shampooing or water immersion 4 days after treatment does not reduce Advantage Multi's effectiveness in the treatment of flea infestations. However, shampooing as often as once a week may reduce the effectiveness of the product against fleas.
How do you use Advantage Multi?
- Remove one dose applicator tube from the package.
- While holding the tube in an upright position, remove the cap from the tube.
- Turn the cap over and push the other end of the cap onto the tip of the tube.
- Twist the cap to break the seal and then remove the cap from the tube.
- The dog should be standing for application. Part the hair on the back of the dog between the shoulder blades until the skin is visible. For dogs weighing 20 lbs or less, place the tip of the tube on the skin and apply the entire contents directly on the exposed skin at one spot between the shoulder blades. For dogs weighing more than 20 lbs, apply the entire contents directly on the exposed skin at three or four spots on the top of the backline from the base of the neck to the upper back in an area inaccessible to licking. Do not allow the solution to run off the side of the dog.
What is in Advantage Multi?
- Advantage Multi has two active ingredients.
- Imidacloprid kills fleas and mange mites.
- Moxidectin kills the larval stages of heartworm and intestinal parasites including roundworm, whipworm, and hookworm.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Advantage Multi is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.