What are VetriShield Max Chewable Tablets for Dogs?
- VetriShield Max is a prescription heartworm preventative and parasite control for dogs containing the antiparasitics Ivermectin, Pyrantel Pamoate, and Praziquantel.
- VetriShield Max also treats and controls the intestinal parasites hookworms, roundworms, and tapeworms.
- Tasty VetriShield Max for dogs prevent heartworm infection for a full month with one dose.
Why do dogs use VetriShield Max?
- Prescription VetriShield Max contains the highly effective active ingredients Ivermectin and Pyrantel Pamoate, which prevent heartworm infection by killing the parasite at the larval stage. They also control and kill roundworms and hookworms. Praziquantel works to kill tapeworms.
- By giving your dog a chewable tablet once a month on the same day, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your dog is protected from dangerous heartworm and other parasites.
What else should I know about VetriShield Max?
- Kills heartworm larvae.
- Treats hookworm, tapeworm, and roundworm infections.
- Contains the drugs Ivermectin, Pyrantel Pamoate, and Praziquantel.
- A flavored, chewable tablet.
- One tablet provides 30 days of parasite protection for your dog.
- For use in dogs eight weeks of age and older.
- The American Heartworm Society and most veterinarians recommend an annual heartworm test before prescribing a heartworm preventative for your dog. Dogs with heartworms are at risk for serious reactions if they take Ivermectin.
- Talk with your dog's veterinarian for more information and to find the best flea and tick preventative to complement VetriShield Max.
- VetriShield Max is sold as a prescription drug in a maximum of a 12-month supply per dog per year.
- To buy the same size for more than one dog, add what you need to the cart. You can split the amount to different dogs in checkout!
- Contact your local waste management about the safe disposal of VetriShield Max. VetriShield Max can be very toxic to fish and wildlife.
What problems could my dog have with VetriShield Max?
- Keep out of reach of other animals. Overdoses can also be serious. Contact your veterinarian if you suspect an overdose.
- Contact your veterinarian immediately if you see neurologic signs such as coma, weakness, clumsiness, dilated pupils, trembling, excessive drooling, or if your dog presses its head against the wall.
How do you use VetriShield Max?
- VetriShield Max may be given with or without food. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
- It is best if your dog chews the VetriShield Max before swallowing. If your dog normally swallows treats whole without chewing, you may break the chewable tablet into pieces to feed your dog or add pieces to a small amount of food. Discuss your options with your veterinarian.
What is in VetriShield Max?
- The active ingredients in VetriShield Max are Ivermectin, Pyrantel Pamoate, and Praziquantel
- Ivermectin and Pyrantel Pamoate control and kill certain parasites like heartworms, hookworrms, and roundworms.
- Praziquantel controls and kills tapeworms.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- VetriShield Max is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog to finish all of the VetriShield Max?
- Dogs may use VetriShield Max for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
No Reviews Yet
Q & A
I bought the wrong weight, can I give it a half tablet?
The manufacturer does not provide information on the use and storage of a half tablet. Please speak with your veterinarian to determine the appropriate dosage for your dog’s weight.Verified Answer