Vetmedin (pimobendan) Chewable Tablets Rx
Vetmedin (pimobendan) Chewable Tablets for Congestive Heart Failure in Dogs and Cats
Veterinarians prescribe Vetmedin for dogs with congestive heart failure. This medication is effective for many dogs because is helps the heart work more efficiently which eases the workload on the heart muscle and may help the dog live longer and have a better quality of life.
- Treats mild or moderate congestive heart failure in dogs
- Helps the heart pump blood more efficiently
- May lengthen life span
- Chewable tablets for easy dosing
Vetmedin is different than many congestive heart failure medications because it works in two ways to reduce stress on the heart muscle and improve its ability to pump blood. Prescription Vetmedin dilates the blood vessels that move blood away from the heart and it also strengthens contractions in the heart muscle. The active ingredient in Vetmedin is Pimobendan. Many dogs that are suffering from congestive heart failure and take Vetmedin experience improved quality of life and greater longevity. Vetmedin is available in convenient chewable tablets.
What you should know about Vetmedin:
- Talk to your veterinarian before using this product.
- Follow dosing directions exactly - don’t give your pet more medication than directed and don’t skip doses.
- Read the label carefully for information about storage, possible side effects, and drug interactions.
Please note that due to short supply from the manufacturer, at this time we can only fill one bottle of Vetmedin per pet per order. VetRxDirect understands how important this medication is, and we sincerely appreciate your assistance in helping as many pets as possible.