Vetadryl (diphenhydramine) Rx
Vetadryl (Diphenhydramine) Antihistamine Tablets for Pets
If your pet suffers from seasonal allergies, motion sickness or anxiety talk to your veterinarian about Vetadryl, an over-the-counter antihistamine that eases allergy symptoms and has a sedative affect that calms cats and dogs.
- Eases allergies, motion sickness, travel anxiety, and discomfort due to insect bites
- Contains diphenhydramine
- For dogs and cats
- Flavored tablets available in two dosage levels
Versatile Vetadryl is an antihistamine recommended by veterinarians to treat a range of issues including allergies, motion sickness, travel anxiety – even insect bites that cause itching and pain. The active ingredient in Vetadryl is diphenhydramine. This chemical blocks the histamines that cause allergic reactions such as itching, watery eyes, runny noses and swelling. One side effect of the histamine blocking process is sleepiness, which is why this medication also works to calm pets and reduce motion sickness. Talk to your veterinarian about whether Vetadryl is right for your pet’s condition. Vetadryl is available in 10 and 30 mg flavored tablets. Have a question about Vetadryl? Click on the “Ask A Question” tab above.
What you should know about Vetadryl:
- Talk to your veterinarian before using this product.
- Follow dosing directions exactly - don’t give your pet more medication than directed and don’t skip doses.
- Read the label carefully for information about storage, possible side effects, and drug interactions.