What is Vet Beta-gen Otic Solution for Dogs and Cats?
- Vet Beta-gen Otic Solution is a prescription topical treatment for bacterial infections of the skin and ears.
- Vet Beta-gen Otic Solution contains the antibiotic Gentamicin sulfate to kill bacteria and the steroid Betamethasone velerate to reduce itching and inflammation.
Why do cats and dogs use Vet Beta-gen Otic Solution?
- Veterinarians may prescribe Vet Beta-gen Otic Solution to treat infectious and inflammatory conditions of the skin, ears, and anal glands.
- Vet Beta-gen Otic Solution can be used to treat bacterial infections of the skin and ears.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Vet Beta-gen Otic Solution?
- Do not allow your dog or cat to lick the treated area for 20 to 30 minutes after application.
- Do not allow the Vet Beta-gen Otic Solution to get into the eyes.
- One common side effect is redness or discomfort at the site of application.
How do you use Vet Beta-gen Otic Solution?
- Wear gloves when applying Vet Beta-gen Otic Solution or wash your hands immediately after handling.
What is in Vet Beta-gen Otic Solution?
- There are two active ingredients in Vet Beta-gen Otic Solution.
- Vet Beta-gen Otic Solution contains the aminoglycoside antibiotic Gentamicin sulfate, which kills bacteria.
- Vet Beta-gen Otic Solution also contains the steroid Betamethasone valerate, which reduces itching and inflammation.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Vet Beta-gen Otic Solutio is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Vet Beta-gen Otic Solution?
- Vet Beta-gen Otic Solution contains an antibiotic. Resistance is a major concern when using antibiotics. To help avoid resistance, it is important for you to use this for as long as your veterinarian has prescribed, even if you dog or cat is looking and feeling better.
I loved how easy it was!!From UndisclosedComments about Vet Beta-gen Otic Solution
Product worksFrom undisclosedComments about Vet Beta-gen Otic Solution
Q & A
How long does it take for Vet Beta- gen Octic Solution to start working?
Because each animal responds differently, to medications, the exact time will vary and will also depend upon the severity of the condition. According to Plumb’s Veterinary Drug Handbook, topical medications for the ear containing betamethasone and gentamicin should start having effects within 1 to 2 hours; however, you may not see the effects of this medication outwardlyVerified Answer
How many times a day do I apply this soloution??
Vet Beta-gen Otic Solution requires a prescription from a veterinarian for dispensing. Instructions on application frequency and duration may vary depending on the diagnosis, severity of condition and individual animal. Speak to your veterinarian for clarification.Verified Answer
Hi! I need your advice regarding these drops. My cat had a eye inflammation for a long period my veterinarian prescribed me this drops to apply for my cats eye, i was applying them for couple of days and then read on your site that contact with eyes must be avoided. What shall i do??
Beta-gen otic solution is an ear solution used in cats and dogs. It is not recommended to use this product in the eyes, it can be irritating. Talk to your veterinarian regarding the use of Beta-gen Otic for your cat. Thank you, VetRxDirectVerified Answer
I accidentally put the vet beta gen otic solution in my cat's eye. What will this do and what should I do? I didn't realize it wasn't for her eye.?
Taylor, Vet Beta-gen contains gentamicin and betamethasone, an antibiotic and steroid. The cat should be fine, however it likely was somewhat painful for the cat. Watch and wait; if the cat seems to be experiencing eye problems or pain, please contact your cat's veterinarian. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer