What are UltiCare VetRx Thin Lancets for Dogs and Cats?
- Insulin is a hormone that is naturally produced by the pancreas to convert sugar (glucose) in the blood to energy for the body.
- Diabetic animals are either unable to produce their own insulin or cannot use it properly.
- Insulin injections help treat diabetes in cats and dogs by normalizing the glucose level in the blood.
- For pets with diabetes, regular blood glucose testing is often required and getting a blood sample is not exactly easy.
- Lancets are small, very sharp needles that are used to make a small puncture in the skin in order to get a necessary blood sample for testing.
- Lancets are attached to lancing devices to prick the skin to get a blood sample.
- UltiCare Lancets are designed for ease of use as well as comfort.
Why do cats and dogs use UltiCare Lancets?
- Insulin is prescribed to dogs and cats with diabetes mellitus to help lower their blood sugar.
- Insulin is an ongoing, supportive treatment for diabetes.
- To ensure that the dose of insulin is correct, your veterinarian may ask you to regularly monitor your companion's blood sugar.
- Lancets are small, sharp needles that are designed to be used with lancing devices to prick the skin to get a blood sample.
What else should I know about UltiCare Lancets?
- VetRxDirect requires a prescription from a veterinarian to dispense Lancets.
- Lancing devices and blood sugar test strips are sold separately.
- These lancets are compatible with most lancing devices, including the iPet Pro and AlphaTrak II.
What problems could my dog or cat have with UltiCare Lancets?
- Consult your veterinarian if you are having trouble using the lancets or obtaining a blood sample.
How do you use UltiCare Lancets?
- Lancets should be used one time only.
- Lancets need to be attached to a lancing device. These devices are sold separately.
- Contact your local waste management or check SafeNeedleDisposal.org on how to dispose of the lancets properly.
What is in UltiCare U-100 Insulin Syringes?
- UltiCare syringes are latex-free and feature a silicone coated barrel and tri-beveled tip for injection comfort.
- Sold by box of 100 lancets.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- UltiCare is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the UltiCare Lancets?
- Dogs and cats may use insulin and lancets for blood testing for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Good value, good number of lancets.From UndisclosedComments about UltiCare VetRx Thin Lancets
Good value for the moneyFrom Minneapolis MinnesotaComments about UltiCare VetRx Thin Lancets