What are UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes for Dogs and Cats?
- Insulin is a hormone that is naturally produced by the pancreas to convert sugar (glucose) in the blood to energy for the body.
- Diabetic animals are either unable to produce their own insulin or cannot use it properly.
- Insulin injections help treat diabetes in cats and dogs by normalizing the glucose level in the blood.
- Insulin syringes are necessary for administering this important drug.
- U-40 insulin is divided into 40 dosing units per milliliter.
- U-40 insulin syringes are designed to inject U-40 insulin types, such as ProZinc and Vetsulin.
- These precision-engineered syringes make administering daily insulin shots accurate, easy, and effective.
- The sterile, latex-free syringes feature a silicone coated barrel and tri-beveled tip for comfort.
Why do cats and dogs use UltiCare U-40 Insulin Syringes?
- Insulin is prescribed to dogs and cats with diabetes mellitus to help lower their blood sugar.
- Insulin is an ongoing, supportive treatment for diabetes.
- Insulin must be injected subcutaneously, or below the skin, using a syringe or an insulin pen and pen needle.
What else should I know about UltiCare U-40 Insulin Syringes?
- VetRxDirect requires a prescription from a veterinarian to dispense syringes.
- High quality syringes to administer insulin.
- Tri-beveled tip and silicone coated barrel for your pet’s comfort.
- 100 per box -- 10 packs of 10 syringes.
- For use with U-40 insulin only.
- 3/10 cc syringes hold up to 12 units of insulin. It may be easier to accurately dose small doses of insulin, such as one unit, with 3/10 cc syringes.
- 1/2 cc syringes hold up to 20 units of insulin.
- 1 cc syringes hold up to 40 units of insulin.
- Half-unit markings make it easier to accurately draw up doses of half-units.
- Syringes in sharps containers come in a container to use to safely dispose of used syringes.
- U-40 syringes and U-100 syringes are NOT the same. Looking for U-100 syringes?
What problems could my dog or cat have with UltiCare U-40 Insulin Syringes?
- U-40 syringes and U-100 syringes are NOT interchangeable.
- You can only accurately select a U-40 insulin dose with a U-40 syringe.
- It is very important that you select the correct dosing system syringe in order to not overdose or underdose insulin to your dog or cat.
How do you use UltiCare U-40 Insulin Syringes?
- Syringes should be used one time only.
- Contact your local waste management or check SafeNeedleDisposal.org on how to dispose of the syringes properly.
What is in UltiCare U-40 Insulin Syringes?
- UltiCare syringes are latex-free and feature a silicone coated barrel and tri-beveled tip for injection comfort.
- Sold by box of 100 syringes.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- UltiCare is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the UltiCare U-40 Insulin Syringes?
- Dogs and cats may use insulin and UltiCare U-40 Insulin Syringes for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Most Liked Positive Review
Most Liked Negative Review
SyringesFrom UndisclosedComments about UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes 1/2cc, 29G, 1/2 inch, 100ct
Ollie is diabetic, was blind, had cataract surgery is fine.From UndisclosedComments about UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes 3/10cc, 29G, 1/2 inch, 100ct, Sharps Container
Helped my petFrom UndisclosedComments about UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes 1/2cc, 29G, 1/2 inch, 100ct
Helped with everyday use.From UndisclosedComments about UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes 1cc, 29G, 1/2 inch, 100ct
This helps keep my dog aliveFrom UndisclosedComments about UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes 1/2cc, 29G, 1/2 inch, 100ct
The best in diabetic supplies for petsFrom UndisclosedComments about UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes
Super easy reorder and fast shippingFrom UndisclosedComments about UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes
Happy with purchaseFrom UndisclosedComments about UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes 1/2cc, 29G, 1/2 inch, 100ct
Needles serve their purpose.From UndisclosedComments about UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes
I buy these all the time!From UndisclosedComments about UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes
Q & A
Is a prescription required for purchase of products?
A prescription from a veterinarian is required for the purchase of UltiCare VetRx U-40 insulin syringes from VetRxDirect. Please consult your veterinarian regarding questions or concerns regarding this product.Verified Answer
is 7 units on a ul 40 .3ml syringe the same dosage amt.as 7 units on a ul 40 .5ml?
As long as the syringes are both U-40 insulin syringes, 7 units on one syringe will equal 7 units on the other.Verified Answer
Do you manufacture the UltiCare VetRx syringes? If not, who does and how can I get in touch with them??
No, VetRxDirect does not manufacture the UltiCare VetRx syringes. UltiCare is the manufacturer and can be reached at 1-877-854-3434 between 8 AM and 4 PM Monday-Friday. You can also visit their website at www.ulticare.com.Verified Answer
I like the U40, 3/10cc, 1/2" needle, 29 gauge needle that come in paks of 10-the bag is purple with cat paws down the side and the syringe is marked with black ink in 1 unit increments 1-12 and has a red cap- are these the correct ones? Can't really see the units written on the side in the photo?
The UltiCare VetRx U40 29 Gauge x ½" needles x 3/10 cc syringes have full unit increments on a scale from 1-12 with black markings and a red cap. There are 100 per box, 10 packs of 10 syringes, and they can be purchased with or without the sharps container. They also come in purple packaging.Verified Answer
Are these latex free??
Yes, these syringes are sterile, latex-free syringes that feature a silicone coated barrel and tri-beveled tip for comfort.Verified Answer
Hello I only want the 3/10 cc needles, but you sell it with the container, which I don't want because I already have one. Do you guys sell that type of needle by itself??
Unfortunately, we only have needles with the sharps container in that size needle size. Thank you, VetRxDirectVerified Answer
I need 1/2 cc 29 gauge 1/2 inch MEDIUM DOSE. But the picture shows LOW DOSE. Do you have medium dose??
Lizette, The UltiCare syringes that we carry, in the U-40, 1/2cc, 29 gauge, 1/2-inch size, are listed on the box as being a medium dose syringe. The picture shows two different size syringes, and the low dose syringes pictured are a 3/10cc syringe. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer