Tropicamide 1% Eye Solution Rx
What is Tropicamide 1% Ophthalmic Solution for Dogs and Cats?
- Tropicamide Eye Drops are a prescription ophthalmic solution that cause the pupil to dilate, which may help dogs and cats with some forms of glaucoma.
- These sterile, medicated drops can also relieve eye pain before and after cataract surgery.
Why do cats and dogs use Tropicamide Eye Drops?
- Tropicamide eye drops relax certain muscles in the eye and dilate the pupil.
- It’s often used for diagnosing eye problems in cats and dogs.
- In some cases, veterinarians may prescribe Tropicamide eye drops to treat some types of glaucoma in pets. However, these drops are usually not used to treat primary glaucoma.
- Your veterinarian may also prescribe Tropicamide to reduce your dog's or cat’s eye pain prior to and after cataract surgery.
What else should I know about Tropicamide Eye Drops?
- Helps treat the symptoms of some types of glaucoma.
- Reduces pain after cataract surgery.
- Convenient dropper bottle.
- Store the Tropicamide at room temperature, away from moisture and sunlight.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Tropicamide Eye Drops?
- Dogs and cats may drool excessively adter administration.
- Because Tropicamide will dilate the eyes, it is important to keep your dog or cat out of bright sunlight while using Tropicamide.
- Do not allow Tropicamide into the mouth.
- Do not use if the Tropicamide changes color, becomes cloudy, or you see particles in the solution.
How do you use Tropicamide Eye Drops?
- Use proper administration techniques to avoid contamination of the bottle. Keep the cap on when not in use.
- Wash your hands after or wear gloves when administering Tropicamide to avoid getting the drug in your eyes and dilating your pupils.
- Wait 5 minutes after giving Tropicamide before administering any other eye medication.
What is in Tropicamide Eye Drops?
- The drug Tropicamide is an anticholinergic agent that block certain neurotransmitters in the brain.
- Tropicamide causes the muscles of the eye to relax, which can dilate the pupil during and after surgical procedures or decrease pain caused by eye muscle spasms.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Tropicamide Eye Drops is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Tropicamide Eye Drops?
- Dogs and cats may use Tropicamide Eye Drops for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Medication helps BusterFrom UndisclosedComments about Tropicamide 1% Eye Solution 15 mL, Dropper Bottle
I have bought this product many times and will continue too.From UndisclosedComments about Tropicamide 1% Eye Solution
Great product, price and easy ordering.From undisclosedComments about Tropicamide 1% Eye Solution
Q & A
Can this drops be used in people??
Tropicamide Eye Solution is a human-labeled prescription medication that may be used in an extra-label manner for pets, under the direction and guidance of a veterinarian. As a pet pharmacy, we only dispense this medication with a veterinarian’s prescription for use in animals.Verified Answer
the vet gave me terramycin for kittens eyes and then third eye came up today 1/4 eye. will these drops while using ointment get rid third eye??
The tropicamide 1% eye solution is a prescription medication indicated for symptom relief in cats and dogs with glaucoma or recent cataract surgery. Please contact your veterinarian to determine if this is appropriate off-label therapy for the treatment of "third eye" that you're referencing. Thank you, VetRxDirectVerified Answer
Can you buy this in the store?
It is a human medication so you may be able to find it at a local pharmacy. Thank you, VetRxDirectVerified Answer