What are Trifexis Chewable Tablets for Dogs?
- Trifexis is a prescription heartworm disease preventative that contains Spinosad, an insecticide and Milbemycin Oxime, a parasiticide.
- It starts killing fleas within 30 minutes and prevents flea reinfestation.
- Trifexis also treats and controls the infection of three intestinal parasites: roundworms, whipworms, and hookworms.
Why do dogs use Trifexis?
- Veterinarians prescribe Trifexis to prevent heartworm disease, kill fleas, prevent flea infestations, and kill and control hookworms, whipworms, and roundworms.
What else should I know about Trifexis?
- One tablet provides one month of protection.
- Flavored chewable tablet, making it easier to give.
- Trifexis is for use in dogs and puppies 8 weeks of age or older and 5 pounds of body weight or greater.
- The American Heartworm Society and most veterinarians recommend an annual heartworm test before prescribing a heartworm preventative for your dog or cat. Dogs with existing heartworm infections can have serious reactions after taking this.
- Talk with your veterinarian for more information and to find the best tick preventative to complement this product.
- Trifexis is sold as a prescription drug in a maximum of a 12-month supply per dog per year.
- To buy the same size for more than one dog, add what you need to the cart. You can split the amount to different dogs in checkout!
- Contact your local waste management about the safe disposal of Trifexis. It can be very toxic to fish and wildlife.
What problems could my dog have with Trifexis?
- Keep out of reach of other animals. Overdoses can also be serious. Contact your veterinarian if you suspect an overdose.
- Contact your veterinarian immediately if you see neurologic signs such as weakness, clumsiness, or if your dog has convulsionsl.
How do you use Trifexis?
- Trifexis should be given with food. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
What is in Trifexis?
- There are two active ingredients in Trifexis: Spinosad, an insecticide and Milbemycin Oxime, a parasiticide.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Trifexis is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog to finish all of the Trifexis?
- Dogs may use Trifexis for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Most Liked Positive Review
Hopefully it works
Most Liked Negative Review
Waiting to see if it works
Trusted vetrx DIRECT.From UndisclosedComments about Trifexis for Dogs 10.1-20 lbs, 6 Month Supply
Excellent flea and heart worm protectionFrom Midland, NCComments about Trifexis
No heart wormsFrom UndisclosedComments about Trifexis
It works in HawaiiFrom UndisclosedComments about Trifexis
I will definitely continue to buy.From UndisclosedComments about Trifexis
Great productFrom UndisclosedComments about Trifexis
Buying from VetRxDirectFrom undisclosedComments about Trifexis
Easy and fastFrom undisclosedComments about Trifexis
Great convenient, consistent protectionFrom undisclosedComments about Trifexis
I would buy this product again.From undisclosedComments about Trifexis
Q & A
How long does trifexis take to work on worms?
This medication has effects on more than one type of parasite. According to Plumb’s Veterinary Drug Handbook, parasites inside your animal's body begin to die within 1 to 2 days, while most parasites on the skin will begin to die within 24 hours. For this medication to protect your animal against infection by heartworms and intestinal parasites, it must be given monthly.Verified Answer
my 63 lb dog will not take the pill, he smells it no matter what i do?
Additional products on our website that may assist in the administration of medication in you pet may include the Pet Piller or Pill Pockets. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please consult your veterinarian.Verified Answer
my dog weighs 11 lbs, should I get the rx for 5-10 lb? Since she's closer to 10 lb, would it be safer than giving her that dosage rather than for a 20 lb dog. Your thoughts??
Please consult with your veterinarian. Your veterinarian will choose the package size appropriate to your dog's weight.Verified Answer
is a presciption reuired?
Trifexis requires a prescription from your dog's veterinarian.Verified Answer