Starting At $119.69
Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT with veterinary approval.
Requires veterinary authorization.
Your pet's veterinarian will provide directions for use.
What are Trifexis Chewable Tablets for Dogs?
- Trifexis is a prescription heartworm disease preventative that contains Spinosad, an insecticide and Milbemycin Oxime, a parasiticide.
- It starts killing fleas within 30 minutes and prevents flea reinfestation.
- Trifexis also treats and controls the infection of three intestinal parasites: roundworms, whipworms, and hookworms.
Why do dogs use Trifexis?
- Veterinarians prescribe Trifexis to prevent heartworm disease, kill fleas, prevent flea infestations, and kill and control hookworms, whipworms, and roundworms.
What else should I know about Trifexis?
- One tablet provides one month of protection.
- Flavored chewable tablet, making it easier to give.
- Trifexis is for use in dogs and puppies 8 weeks of age or older and 5 pounds of body weight or greater.
- The American Heartworm Society and most veterinarians recommend an annual heartworm test before prescribing a heartworm preventative for your dog or cat. Dogs with existing heartworm infections can have serious reactions after taking this.
- Talk with your veterinarian for more information and to find the best tick preventative to complement this product.
- Trifexis is sold as a prescription drug in a maximum of a 12-month supply per dog per year.
- To buy the same size for more than one dog, add what you need to the cart. You can split the amount to different dogs in checkout!
- Contact your local waste management about the safe disposal of Trifexis. It can be very toxic to fish and wildlife.
What problems could my dog have with Trifexis?
- Keep out of reach of other animals. Overdoses can also be serious. Contact your veterinarian if you suspect an overdose.
- Contact your veterinarian immediately if you see neurologic signs such as weakness, clumsiness, or if your dog has convulsionsl.
How do you use Trifexis?
- Trifexis should be given with food. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
What is in Trifexis?
- There are two active ingredients in Trifexis: Spinosad, an insecticide and Milbemycin Oxime, a parasiticide.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Trifexis is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog to finish all of the Trifexis?
- Dogs may use Trifexis for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
27 total reviews
Rated 4.81 out of 5 stars
100% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
24 5 star reviews
1 4 star reviews
2 3 star reviews
0 2 star reviews
0 1 star reviews
Most Liked Positive Review
Hopefully it works
Update to first review. Still don't know how well it works of fleas because we don't leave for 2 days, will update when we get back. Upon suggestion from the vet I fed my dogs first and let the food settle for about 20 minutes. I had to cut the tablet in fourths. The tablet is huge and smells. I have a dog that will eat anything and he won't touch this. After trying to camouflage it in some leftovers, it didn't work they can smell the tablet. I had to force the pieces down by hand. Next time I will just cut it in 1/2 and force it down. There was no vomiting this time thank goodness.
Most Liked Negative Review
Waiting to see if it works
Both my dogs vomited after taking it. One I had to redose because it has to stay in their system for an hour to be effective. Not sure how effective it is yet because we haven't gone to an area where there's mosquitoes or fleas. This was given as a prevention for a vacation will update afterwards.
Healthy Puppy!From UndisclosedComments about Trifexis for Dogs 60.1-120 lbs, 6 Month SupplyVet Recommendation. VetRxDirect had best pricing and quickly delivered the medicine
Recommended by my VetFrom UndisclosedComments about Trifexis for Dogs 40.1-60 lbs, 6 Month SupplyMy vet recommended this product, and VetRX helped me fulfill my vet's prescription.
Keeps him healthyFrom UndisclosedComments about Trifexis for Dogs 10.1-20 lbs, 6 Month SupplyIt's kept my pup flea free and heart healthy for 11 years now. Thanks Trifexis!
Great med and even greater customer service!From UndisclosedComments about Trifexis for Dogs 40.1-60 lbs, 6 Month SupplyThis medicine gives me peace of mind that I am keeping my Buddy and Bella safe. But what really gives me peace of mind is the incredible customer service. I made an error when ordering this medicine off of each dog's prescription- it ended up getting applied to one dog's r(x). I was emailed immediately and got help to get this split as was intended so each dog's r(x) was used. Thank you for being so observant and caring enough to offer me help right away.
Super easy to work withFrom Miami, FlComments about TrifexisVery easy to work with and always on time
Great combo med for heartworms and fleas.From UndisclosedComments about Trifexis for Dogs 10.1-20 lbs, 6 Month SupplyWe have used Trifexis for all the Shih-tzus that we have had and will not use anything else. Works great, we have not had any bad results since first using since 2012.
A good all around heartworm and flea preventative.From UndisclosedComments about Trifexis for Dogs 10.1-20 lbs, 6 Month SupplyTrifexis is a good all around heartworm and flea preventative. Also works on internal parasites. Shadow takes it without issue and has had no reaction to it. Since taking it, he has not had any fleas on him and it has helped his flea allergy also. He's a happy boy. Takes it year round since we live in South Carolina and the winters are usually mild.
Cassie, Maggie, Now Lily Rose!From UndisclosedComments about Trifexis for Dogs 20.1-40 lbs, 6 Month SupplyTrifexis has worked well for all of our Boykin spaniels working and playing outdoors.
Heart worm medicationFrom Chatham, ILComments about TrifexisRecommended by my vet this medication covers all the bases, heart worms, fleas and several worms. I like it and the quick service I get from VetRxDirect.
AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICEFrom UndisclosedComments about TrifexisWe are so thankful for the staff to make sure Oreo got the proper dosage for her meds..
Displaying Reviews 1 - 10
Q & A
If Trifexis is killing round worms, shouldn't, we see dead worms in stool? Should we be seeing lots of VERY active living worms in stool??
Trifexis is indicated to treat and control intestinal parasite infections of adult hookworms, roundworms and whipworms in dogs. In occasional cases, it is possible that you might see intestinal worms being expelled in your dog’s stool, this means Trifexis is working. According to the manufacturer you may notice live worms for the following reasons: There can be segments of worms that are moving which is okay and a good sign, a lack of adherence, or a presence of a different type of worm that the medication does not treat. If you have further questions, please consult your veterinarian for measures you can take to prevent a reinfection of intestinal parasites.Verified Answer
How long does trifexis take to work on worms?
This medication has effects on more than one type of parasite. According to Plumb’s Veterinary Drug Handbook, parasites inside your animal's body begin to die within 1 to 2 days, while most parasites on the skin will begin to die within 24 hours. For this medication to protect your animal against infection by heartworms and intestinal parasites, it must be given monthly.Verified Answer
my 63 lb dog will not take the pill, he smells it no matter what i do?
Additional products on our website that may assist in the administration of medication in you pet may include the Pet Piller or Pill Pockets. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please consult your veterinarian.Verified Answer
my dog weighs 11 lbs, should I get the rx for 5-10 lb? Since she's closer to 10 lb, would it be safer than giving her that dosage rather than for a 20 lb dog. Your thoughts??
Please consult with your veterinarian. Your veterinarian will choose the package size appropriate to your dog's weight.Verified Answer
is a presciption reuired?
Trifexis requires a prescription from your dog's veterinarian.Verified Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 5