What are Torsemide (Generic) Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
- Torsemide is a prescription diuretic.
- Torsemide works in the kidneys to help remove excess water that may result in patients with heart disease, lung disease, or excessive swelling.
- Torsemide is also occasionally prescribed to racehorses that suffer from nosebleeds when they race.
Why is Torsemide used for cats and dogs?
- If your dog or cat has been diagnosed with high blood pressure, lung disease, or other conditions that might lead to excessive swelling, your veterinarian may prescribe a diuretic such as Torsemide to help them eliminate excess water.
What else should I know about Torsemide?
- Torsemide may change the electrolyte or salt leves of the blood. Your veterinarian will need to give your cat or dog regular blood tests to monitor this.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Torsemide?
- Your dog or cat may need to urinate more while taking Torsemide. Make sure they have access to plenty of fresh water.
- Diarrhea or constipation are also possible side effects of Torsemide.
- Contact your veterinarian immediately if you see side effects such as excessive thirst, weakness, collapse, head tilt, lack of urination, or fast heartbeat.
How do you use Torsemide?
- Torsemide may be given with or without food. Follow your veterinarian's recommendations.
What is in Torsemide?
- The drug Torsemide is a diuretic. It works in the kidneys to remove excess water from the body.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Torsemide is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Torsemide?
- Dogs and cats may use Torsemide for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.