Starting At $11.99
Guaranteed lowest authorized price. Learn more.
Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT.
65 Count Tub Replaces the 65 Count Bag
What are the Tear Stain Products?
- Tear Stain Products are designed to help with eliminating and preventing the formation of tear stains in dogs and cats.
What else should I know about Tear Stain Products?
- Tear Stain Products are available in soft chews, supplement powder, and a topical remover.
- Tear Stain Soft Chews and Supplement Powder help support immune system health and lubricate mucous membranes.
- The Tear Stain Remover is a gentle, topical solution to help lift remove tear and saliva stains from the haircoat.
- Veterinarian formulated and recommended for use in dogs and cats over the age of 12 weeks.
- Store at controlled room temperature.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Tear Stain Products?
- If animal’s condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
- Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not yet been proven.
- Absorption of drugs simultaneously may be delayed.
- For animal use only. Keep out of the reach of children and animals. Due to the tasty nature of our products, do not leave package unattended around pets.
How do you use Tear Stain Products?
Tear Stain Soft Chews
- For pets up to 15 lbs: 1 soft chew daily.
- For pets 15 to 50 lbs: 2 soft chews daily
- For pets over 50 lbs: 4 soft chews daily.
- Give daily until tear stains subside, then continue use for additional 30 days. After 30 days, stop administration and use only when needed. Allow 45 to 60 days to see results. Trim stained fur until new unstained fur grows in.
Tear Stain Supplement Powder
- Administer during or after the animal has eaten to reduce incidence of gastrointestinal upset.
- For pets up to 15 lbs: 1 scoop daily.
- For pets 16 to 50 lbs: 1 and a half (1 and 1/2) scoops daily.
- For pets over 50 lbs: 2 scoops daily.
- Give daily until tear stains subside, then continue use for additional 30 days. After 30 days, stop administration and use only when needed. Allow 45-60 days for results. Trim stained fur until new unstained fur grows in. Coloring added to pet food can contribute to tear stains.
Tear Stain Topical Remover
- Moisten facial tissue or cotton with Tear Stain Remover and gently rub stained area below the eyes. Repeat daily or as directed by your veterinarian.
What is in Tear Stain Products?
Tear Stain Soft Chews
- Active Ingredient per Soft Chew: Cranberry Extract 105 mg, Oregon Grape Root, 34 mg, Calcium Ascorbate 34 mg, Eyebright Herb Extract 30 mg, Marshmallow Root 23 mg, Omega-3 Fatty Acid 10 mg, Lutein 2.5 mg, Omega-6 fatty acid 2.4 mg.
- Inactive Ingredients: Brewers Dried Yeast, Canola Oil, Citric Acid, Dried Potato Product, Flaxseed, Glycerin, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Mixed Tocopherols, Natural Flavoring, Rosemary Extract, Sorbic Acid, Tapioca Starch, Vegetable Oil, Water.
Tear Stain Supplement Powder
- Active Ingredients per 1/3 teaspoon: Cranberry Extract 105 mg, Oregon Grape Root, 34 mg, Calcium Ascorbate 34 mg, Eyebright Herb Extract 30 mg, Marshmallow Root 23 mg, Omega-3 Fatty Acid 10 mg, Lutein 2.5 mg, Omega-6 fatty acid 2.4 mg.
- Inactive Ingredients: Citric Acid, Mixed Tocopherols, Natural Flavoring, Non-Fat Dry Milk, Rosemary Extract, Silicon Dioxide, Whey.
Tear Stain Topical Remover
- Ingredients: Water, Boric Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Glycerin, Camphor.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Tear Stain Products are a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Tear Stain Products?
- Dogs and cats may use this product for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Who makes Tear Stain Products?
- Tear Stain Products are made by the manufacturer VetClassics.
15 total reviews
Rated 4.47 out of 5 stars
100% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
10 5 star reviews
3 4 star reviews
1 3 star reviews
1 2 star reviews
0 1 star reviews
Most Liked Positive Review
I purchased these for my older Bichon who has always had a serious staining issue from her tears and her saliva. Up until this product , I had literally tried all the other products I knew of with little success. I was a bit skeptical about using a digestible pill as I always thought the topical tear stain removers were the end all. Boy was I happily surprised. I started using the product immediately after her last groom. It took a couple weeks but all the pink and red stains are gone and Have not returned! I would highly recommend!!
Most Liked Negative Review
waste of money
I bought the soft chews couple months ago. I stopped the angel eyes, and used the chews.My dog liked the treats but my dogs tear stains got real bad. I went back to angel eyes and instantly saw decrease tear stains on my Maltipoo. Angel eyes worth the extra cost.
OMG this stuff works!From White Lake, MIComments about Tear StainI am seeing good results after a week! His eyes are drier, brighter and less of the brown smelly eye goop on his face.
I will buy this forever!From UndisclosedComments about Tear StainTaken once a day this little cube takes care of my 2 Maltese Bogie and Jaxie! We have been using Tear Stain for years!!
Doesn't do muchFrom UndisclosedComments about Tear StainMy vet recommended this product about 18 months ago for my young dog's significant tear production and staining. Still not sure it does much if anything. My dog likes them as a chewy treat. I give her one daily.
I would buy this product againFrom UndisclosedComments about Tear StainHave used it before and it works great for my dog
I will keep buying this product!From undisclosedComments about Tear StainMy Shih Tzu's love getting this chewable every morning. I think that it has significantly cut back on the stains from their eyes.
Always buyFrom undisclosedComments about Tear Stainexcellent for excessive eye tears
Great product, my picky dog loves itFrom FloridaComments about Tear StainMy dog loves it and she ya good for him
YesFrom TexasComments about Tear StainGreat product.!!
Quality productFrom High Springs, FLComments about Tear StainEasy to feed chewable. My picky toy poodle eats it with no problem.
Lives up to claimsFrom High Springs, FLComments about Tear StainProduct works and my picky toy poodle eats it with no problem.
Displaying Reviews 1 - 10
Q & A
My vet wants me to have a tear stain with Tylosin What product does have??
There are no longer any tear stain products that contain tylosin. Please speak with your veterinarian for further guidance.Verified Answer
I naeed to know the ingredients of these tear stain chews. My dog has lots of allergies.?
Additional product information and ingredients for the Tear Stain Chews, as well as for other products, is generally listed under the “more information” and “package insert” tabs on the VetRxDirect website. According to the manufacturer, the active ingredients in Tear Stain Chews are: Cranberry Extract (105mg), Oregon Grape Root (34mg), Vitamin C (Calcium Ascorbate, 34mg), Eyebright Herb Extract (Euphrasia officinalis 30mg), Marshmallow Root (23mg), Linolenic Acid Omega-3 (Flaxseed, 10mg), Lutein (2.5mg), and Linoleic Acid Omega-6 (Flaxseed 2.5 mg). The Inactive Ingredients of Tear Stain Chews are: Brewer’s Dried Yeast, Canola Oil, Citric Acid, Dried Potato Product, Glycerin, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Mixed Tocopherols, Natural Flavoring, Rosemary Extract, Sorbic Acid, Tapioca Starch, Vegetable Oil, and Water.Verified Answer
What is the flavor of the soft chews??
The Tear Stain soft chews are chicken flavored.Verified Answer
I think we have tried this before, but I am not sure. Does this product work for all dogs? And it is only 1 eye that really is bad. She is a 4 year old Shi- tzu .?
Tear Stain is labeled for use in dogs and cats of all breeds over the age of 12 weeks to help eliminate and prevent tear stains, and contains natural active ingredients. The supplement comes in a soft chew and powder and is used to prevent and eliminate tear stains. The Tear Stain Remover is designed to reduce existing tear stains to help lift them from the fur. Please consult with your veterinarian to determine if this product best suits your pet. Thank you, VetRxDirectVerified Answer
Can I give my dog one of the soft chews daily, after the 30 day recommendation? I just want to continue as a daily supplement, if it does not hurt the dog.?
Tear Stain is generally considered safe for dogs when used for a longer period than the 30-day recommendation. However, most dogs end up stopping the product after the recommended directions. Even though there have been no side effects reported with the use of the product, we would recommend consulting with your dog’s veterinarian before using this product long-term. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
I had my cat find the package of soft chews and get it open and he and my maltese (both 13 lbs) consumed most of the package. Do I need to worry about any ill effects from an overdose??
Cindy, The manufacturer indicates that the primary reactions to over-ingestion are vomiting and diarrhea, and that these typically happen fairly quickly after the ingestion. If diarrhea occurs and becomes severe, you should consult your pet's veterinarian as dehydration may become an issue with prolonged diarrhea. If you see any other unusual behavior, you may want to consult the veterinarian, in case they may be atypical reactions. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
Have you had any experience with your product working on beard stains? I have a puppy parti-color goldendoogle and his white beard is a grungy gray. I just hate it!Thanks.?
Sharon, It may depend on what is causing the beard stains. A few things we would suggest first are to replace plastic bowls with stainless steel bowls, clean the food and water bowls more often and check food, treats, and any supplements for artificial colorings. A daily cleaning with a pet wet wipe may also help reduce the discoloration. We hope these suggestions help, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 7